Chapter 19

Chapter 19.

August

"One mo' dance,"I laughed pullin' on April arm as R. Kelly's If I Could Turn Back The Hands Of Time began ta' play.

"August I refuse to dance with you anymore, my feet are crying."

"Nobody tol' you ta' put on dem heels,"I laughed pullin' ha' back towards me.

"I know but I look cute so,"She shrugged."But on a serious note, are you okay?"

"Am I okay?"I bit my bottom lip.

"Yeah, after what happened today. Are you okay?"

"Uh, how bout we talk 'bout dat when we head back ta' da' hotel?"I spun ha' around.

"Fine by me."She sighed."The food is sooooo good."

"Shid, you ain't seen nun' yet. In da' small time we down hea', imma put you on game wit' all da' good shit."

"Do not be trying to make me fat."She hit my shoulda'.

"I ain't. I'm jus' trynna show you a good time,"I smiled.

"Well just by you actually wanting me to be apart of this and being here for the sake of your family, is showing me a good time,"She admitted.

"And dat makes me have a good time knowin' you havin' a good time."

"Aww, really?"She pouted.

"Yeah man. Wit'out chu' I prolly would've neva' reunited wit' ma' people and fa' dat I thank you. I'm thankful ta' know dat even though when I was a fucked up kid you still gave me da' time of day."

"Aug stop,"She fanned ha' eyes while laughin',"you're making me cry."

"Don't cry,"I laughed wipin' underneath ha' eyes,"I jus' wanted you ta' know I 'preciate chu' doin' this fa' me."

"Bruuuh."She giggled."Keep this up and I might just be your girlfriend quicker than you think."

"Is dat right?"I smirked.

"Sounds about right but,"She wrapped ha' arms around my neck,"don't get your hopes too high."

"Ugh,"I put a hand on my heart,"ma' po' heart."

She smacked ha' teeth and rolled ha' eyes,"So over dramatic."

"Yeah but chu' luh ma' ova' dramatic ass."

"Unfortunately."She giggled.

I tightened my grip 'round ha' waist a lil and smirked.

"You crazy man,"I shook ma' head.

"How am I crazy? You are over dramatic sometimes...,"She looked off a lil,"Speaking of over dramatic, I talked to London."

"For real? How shit goin' round thea'. I ain't hit Lance up inna la'minute."

"Well you need to because he's being hella unreasonable with her right now,"