Chapter 36

Chapter 36.

LMAO, -slides on shades- wow. What a time to be alive huh? -goes under Palm tree- Enjoy. ;)

April.

Weeks had passed since the trip and we were now entering March. August said things with Kandy hadn't gotten any better so he wanted to sit down and have a talk with her about whomever 'Trey' was.

I don't know why but it just took everything in me to not call her out on it on the way back from the beach. I didn't tell the girls because I knew they'd say something for sure.

But I made sure to tell August as soon as we were alone.

"Aw, dis some bullshit hea'."He looked at the picture.

"Yeah."I frowned."Sorry."

"Nah, it ain't yo' fault. She jus' been on some hoe shit."

"Well we don't know that for sure. This Trey guy could be anyone. We're just assuming it's her ex without really knowing."

"Who else could have a heart by they name?"He made a sarcastic face.

"Her cousin."I looked away."You don't know. I'm starting to feel bad for snooping."

"Man fuck dat girl man. Yeen did shit but look out fa' me. She a whole hoe outchea'!"

"Guess my heart is just too big huh?"

"It is cause ion feel no kinda sympathy fa' huh. Man dis broad really got me fucked up."He spoke mainly to himself."She really trynna play on a nigga."

"Just..break up with her. Gently though because maybe she did really like you."

"Ion give a fuck what she felt, she a hoe. And I ain't doin' shit yet. I want peep da' game fa' my damn self cause na' I feel stupid fa' not noticing da' shit earlier on."

And a hoe wasn't the only thing he called her. I don't know why I still felt bad for her. Probably just because I knew she lost something good. August was a one of kind guy to go around so if she traded him for this 'Trey' character I really hope it was worth it.

"Do you really sleep with this thing?"I cuddled the bear on his bed.

"Yup. Every night."He said proudly.

"Aww, that's so cute."I squeezed it to hear my voice come from it."I bet you get tired of hearing that."

"Neva'."He chuckled."I play dat shit bout fifteen times a day."

"Why?"I giggled.

He shrugged,"Ion know. Da' gift jus' kinda special ta' me."

"Well, thanks."I blushed and looked down."I put a lot of thought into it."

"I'ca tell."

"Guess what happened at work yesterday?"

"What?"

"They have this little boy in there that I'm usually talking to and you know how you brought me lunch right?"

"Mhm."He nodded staring me in the face.

"Well he goes, is that your boyfriend?"I mimicked his baby voice."And I'm like no. And so he goes, well why does he buy you food all the time?"

"Damn, I can't bring ya' lunch wit'out us jumpin' da' broom huh?"He joked.

"Right so I'm like, well boyfriends aren't the only ones who bring food. Then he says, well I'd bring my girlfriend food allll the time."I giggled."He's so cute."