Chapter 15

Chapter 15.

[ a/n : short chapter, sorry. ]

August.

"Merry Christmas August,"April mama hugged me.

"Merry Christmas ma,"I smiled kissin' her forehead.

Believe it or not, April family was like ma' second family. Shid, they might as well be ma' only family. When she asked me about visitin' dem for the holidays a few weeks ago, da' answer was automatically no. But thinkin 'bout it now...well it wouldn't be so bad. So that's why I said yeah. When we was back in school I had always wanted ta go back but never got the chance.

So hea' go my chance.

Only problem is ion feel like dealing wit' ma' mama husband. He be on some otha' shit and was half the reason I got kicked ta the curb. I jus' pray all dis shit play out in ma' favor.

"Where's April?"April pops, Henry, asked before he came ta dap me off.

"Uh, ion know Mister A."I looked down at ma' watch."I think she went stop by Lola ta drop off they gifts."

"Speaking of gifts big bro,"Kennedy came down da' stairs,"Where's mine?"

"I gotcha baybeh,"I laughed reachin' out ta hug her,"but you know good and well you can't open 'nem yet. April'll have ma' head."

"I know,"She chuckled while huggin' me."Momma did you talk to Auntie Tammy?"

"I did,"April momma, Gina, nodded,"They said they're about thirty minutes away."

"And your mom?"April pops asked.

"Just leaving the hotel with yours."She smiled."My dad is with them as well."

"That's good."He nodded."My brother just called and said he's headed up the street right now."

"Let's get this party started,"Kennedy shrugged headin' into da' kitchen whea' da' food was.

April.

"I wanna see his reaction when he opens it,"I laughed holding my car keys in my hand.

I was over at Lola and Roman's place, dropping off their gifts. I already know I'm late for the party because August texted me. But I knew I had to send their gifts over now because after the party I'll be tired and probably sleep there.

"Let's see what nanny got you pumpkin,"Lola assisted Roman in opening the gift.

"Lemme see, lemme see,"Roman started to push Lola's head out of the way so he could see.

"Alright boy damn,"Lola chuckled standing up so he could see.

Once he saw the amount of toy cars he started screaming and spinning in circles. I brought him this big toy car play set. They have to have at least 20 cars in that thing.

"What do you say Ro?"Lola yelled over his screaming.

"Tank you! Tank you! Tank you!"He ran towards me and hugged my legs.

"And here's a gift from August since he knew he wouldn't make it over,"I handed him the gift from behind my back.

He took it and yanked it out of the bag. Once he saw what it was his mouth dropped open.

"Phew, phew phew!"He pretended to shoot the toy gun."Phew!"

"Oh lord, now I gotta hear him going 'phew phew phew' all day. Tell August I said thanks for the headache,"

"I'm sure he did it on purpose,"I laughed,"but I'm glad yall liked the gifts."

"Oh yes girl I love my new watch,"She flashed the watch I brought her.