Chapter 31

Chapter 31.

August.

"And I had been waiting for him for about a good forty minutes. I tried calling a couple of times but he didn't answer so that's when I got nervous. I drove to his house and when I pulled up the door was bust wide open and there was bullet holes all through his front windows. That's when I went in and got him."Kandy explained ta' da' cops.

They came up hea' round twelve sumn this evening, asking fa' permission ta' question us. Afta' they explained how this wouldn't effect da' case I was already unda', I was mo' than happy ta' answer whateva'.

"And there wasn't anyone left on the scene?"

"No,"She shook ha' hand,"just a few dropped guns."

"Yeah, we have our team on that right now."He said while writin' sumn down."August, may I call you that?"

"You already did so you might as well continue,"I shrugged.

He gave me a tight smile,"Right. So August did you get a good look at any of these guys? You said there was multiple correct?"

"Yeah it was bukoo of them niggas but I ain't get a good look at they face."

Da' otha' cop wrote sumn down."And do you know if this is gang related?"

"Ion know bruh."I lied."I jus' know them niggas came bussin' at my window."

"Ookay."He wrote sumn else down."Well if you aren't aware already the police department has you a temporary place to stay at Kingsmen hotel unless you wish to stay someplace else. A close relative maybe?"

"Um."I shook my head no."Nah, da' Kingsmen straight. I'a go round thea'."

"And as for your car,"Da' otha' cop said,"we're taking care of that as well, and it should be good as new before you're discharged."

"Thank ya', I appreciate it."I faked a smile. Only reason dem niggas doin' all this shit is cause they think imma confess ta' whateva' crime they need me ta' confess to, so dat they'ca lock my ass up.

"You're welcome and thank you ma'am."They said ta' Kandy while leavin' out."You two have a nice evening."

"Thank you officers."Kandy said befo' shutting da' do' behind them.

She sighed and grabbed ha' keys & purse, preparing ta' leave. It's been three days since da' shootin' so it's Thursday. She ain't been sayin' much since then. All she would do is come ta' check up on me and then leave fa' work.

"Alright I'm leaving."She came ta' my side and kissed me."You'll be okay here huh?"

"Straight..."I looked ha' up and down."What about chu'?"

"What about me?"

"You been actin' funny fa' da' last few days–"

"August don't even go there with me."She held ha' hand up.

"Whatchu getting mad fa'? I jus' was sayin'–"

"Look, I need to go or I'll be late. Is that all you wanted to say?"

I scrunched my face up at ha'."I ain't got time fa' no bullshit. You lucky I'm in this damn bed or I would've been–"

"Been what?"She rolled ha' eyes."You can't do anything while you're in that bed so shut up."

"Yeah aight,"I sat up noddin',"watch when I get outta this bitch."

"Whatever."She sighed."Was that it?"

"No. Call my nurse in hea' on ya' way out. Tell ha' I want da' wheelchair ta' go outside."

"Well I might as well just do it–"