▪︎■ 20 ■▪︎

▪︎■ Adrin Bianchi ■▪︎

I didn't expect myself to be this open and talkative. Once she layed next to me and I was sure enough she wasn't that drunk anymore, I felt the urge to look at her. Talk to her or don't, I didn't care. The moment was peaceful and intimate in a non-sexual way. Even if I had to admit her smelling like me and wearing my clothes was nothing I could imagine myself getting bored of.

I tucked her hair away and the way she blushed was the most adorable thing.

"I'm sorry about your mother... And I'm sorry I forced you to take care of me in this state... I'm ashamed of myself."

I stared into her eyes, trying to make her look at me. She did so as if on command.

"It's okay..." I paused. "I talked to Mikael. I wanted to know more about you and Iwanow," I then confessed.

She smiled. "I know, Adrin. He told me the same day."

I was surprised. "You knew the whole time?"

She nodded. "And I didn't like you digging in my past. But I did background checks too, so- I'm one to talk."

"And he's still alive?" I asked, joking.

She huffed and smiled after. "Maybe."

"He wouldn't quite answer me about you and Jiménez."

Her smile faded. "Yeah, well, he doesn't know more than anyone else."

I looked deep into her eyes. "I can't trust you fully if I don't know why he wants to kill you."

"I know," she whispered, "but I can't trust you enough to tell you. It's not only about me, I have to think about others as well."

What does that mean? Is she protecting someone? Maybe even Jiménez? That would make no sense, but what do I know...

She took a deep breath, calculating.

"I know Jiménez- Emilio- because of my father. I can assure you, that I am his enemy. He wants to kill me at all cost. The car dilemma was his doing, I'm sure about that. I can't tell you more, I'm sorry, I know it's not fair."

I noticed her unease and decided to think later and just ask other questions instead.

"You were born in Colombia... What about your parents?"

She narrowed her eyes. "You're asking a lot of questions today. Be grateful that I'm still kind of tipsy. Anyway, I never knew my mother, she left my father and me and died a few years later. My father died when I was seven."

Her eyes were clouded for a moment, mirrored pain so deep and sharp that it seemed to cut me too.

"I'm sorry. I know how it's like to lose someone. I'm alone, too. My parents are dead already."

"I'm so sorry for your loss..." 

"It's fine," I answered, waving off the upcoming questions. It was quiet once again.

"Ainara?"

"Yes?" she whispered.

"Why are you here?" I had to know.