52

Gina's POV

"Why did he lock him up, Mr. Dennis?" When we got back, we explained what EJ did against the brotherhood, how he almost choked the lift out of Ricky, and the "Blood Lust" thing. So when we got here, his Uncle locked his unconscious body in a room with power-dampening arm cuffs.

There was also an RBC nuclear scanner in the room, "Because one, we don't what could happen when he wakes up. 2, this way, I know what Blood Lust is and I'm scanning his blood to see if he has it."

"Doesn't this way seem more difficult?" Ashlyn asks.

"Yeah, well, you know your cousin hates needles and I didn't wanna wake him up just yet. I didn't wanna risk the chance of him choking someone else...or worst. So tell me exactly what happened again?"

"Everyone from the Brotherhood who had powers tried to attack him" Ricky explains. "He tried to absorb everything but resulted in some giant explosion and he passed out. When I tried to wake him up, he started choking me. His eyes were completely red and his veins were black. The only way he could stop is if I stunned him."

"And you're okay?"

"I'm shocked, but I'll live."

"Will EJ be okay?" I look at the camera. EJ was still unconscious, but he did stop glowing, and his veins weren't black anymore. I don't know what's wrong, but it seemed to have been getting worst, and we needed to find a cure.

"I don't know just yet. I just need to scan what exactly is in his blood" he explains. He looks at his computer and we all do too. The scan was almost complete. But before we could see, it stopped.

"Wait, what? Why'd it stop?" His uncle wonders aloud.

"Maybe it's because he's not there" Ricky points at the camera. EJ was gone. No, no, no, this isn't good. "Should we be freaking out right now?" Ashlyn asks.

"No, I'm right here" we all jump around and saw EJ, standing there. "How did you get out of there?" Nini asks.

"These don't hold me" EJ holds up broken handcuffs. I never knew those could break before. "I also rewired the door panel" in his other hand, he held up the broken door panel. "What are you guys doing? Why was I locked up?"

Ricky was about to tell him off, but Nini covers his mouth. "EJ, what's the last thing you remember?"

"Um...I let out this giant wave after trying to absorb all that energy...then I blacked out. Why? What happened?"

"You choked Ricky," Mal tells him. EJ furrows his eyebrows. "What? No, I'd never, I...is that my blood?" He looks at the computer.

"Um, EJ," his uncle says. "Do you know what Blood Lust is?"

EJ's whole demeanor fades...more than it already. "Um, yeah. He said it was like some disease."

"He?"

"Spite. By the way, I know who he is."

"Really? Who?"

"Um...Zach Roy."

Wait, the guy from North High. "Well...that's...interesting" Ricky says. Right, he also said Zach was Miss Jenn's ex-boyfriend. How exactly did she fall for him? "Wait, our theater teacher is the exact guy we're trying to take down?" Lily asks.

"Apparently" Howie crosses his arms. "So much for friendly competition."

"Okay, we'll focus on that later," Nini says. "What did he say about Blood Lust."

"It's some sort of disease. It's a combination of science and his powers. It's black dust that I accidentally absorbed that day someone attacked me at him. He said it heightens powers, it also corrupts them. And it also corrupts me. And when I can't control my powers...they hurt me."