69

EJ's POV

I roll down a tunnel and when a gate opens, I fall out and land on my back. I look around and see myself in a dark cave. There was a gate ahead of me. I look behind and see the gate closing. I was hoping my friends would follow, but they didn't. I'm on my own with a temporary spell that could wear off at any moment making me a bloodthirsty monster again.

I'm living through the worst-case scenario

"Are you guys okay??" I hear Lily ask from my comms. "We're fine," Ricky says.

"Same" Gina says.

"EJ?"

"Just going solo over here, but I'll be good Just gotta be quick," I explain. Well, I have super speed so I just have to search the place for Jamie and if I don't find him, look for the others. Just gotta try and stay on the defense.

"Okay, we found the dark chemicals, we're gonna try and find our way..." Lily's sentence ends in a scream, then her comms shut off. What happened? "Lily? Lily, you there? Howie?" I hear Gina say. That's not good.

I just over to the gate and leap over. I walk through the dark cave surrounded by walls. This is an interesting scenery, with a lot of pillars and fires and such. Wow! How can he afford all of this?"

I hear footsteps behind me. Could be one of the brothers. I quickly turn invisible to see who it is, crouching behind a pillar. Of course, Derek is here, with about 3 others. Why do I always have to run into the guys I hate?

 Why do I always have to run into the guys I hate?

"Did you get the others?" One of the asks him. "Yep, pulled them right into the darkness, and now they're with Jamie with power dampening cuffs. I'm gonna go check on them now."

They all follow him. So if I go, I can find the others and free them too. I slowly follow them, tip-toeing and keeping my distance s they don't suspect anything.

I follow them out the door and into the dark hallway. While following down the stairs, I trip on the candles and accidentally reveal myself. Before they could turn around, I turn back before they could see.

That was...smooth. But on the bright side, they didn't see so I'm good. They look suspicious for a few seconds but turn back. I still follow them.

"See ya," Derek says, parting from the others. I guess I should still follow him. He parts into another room and I slide through. For some reason, he stops. What's wrong?

"Nice for you to show up, loser" he holds his arms out and pushes me back, forcing me to reveal myself. I roll back and land on my stomach. He looks down at me with a smirk. "You have powers?"

"My dad gave me an upgrade. Let's test it out."

I able to get back up. I just gotta stay on the defense. I can do this. No 1.0. bad EJ, just 2.0. I can totally do this.

He sinks to the ground and I look around, just waiting for him to attack. When I turn around, he pops up and kicks me to the ground. He approaches me, ready to attack, but I kick him back and turn invisible. I shove him back into the wall with my force field.