Gina

Gina's POV

"My brother's expecting your call tonight," I tell Nini. 

Back at East an idea sort of came to me about connecting Nini and my brother with his Music Producer friend to assist in the rise of her career. She is truly an incredible songwriter and I think she deserves to be heard. 

Jamie said his friend was looking for fresh and young talent. Nini is both of those things and so much more. Nini sighs, "Oh... Why am I nervous?" She lets out a small breath, I give her the slightest chuckle. "Because it might change your life."

"You got this, Neens" Jack squeezes her hand. Watching Nini and Jack together made me so happy. But it also made me think of EJ. He's been in the bathroom for a while. He's actually been in there since we got here.

I hear the bathroom door open and EJ finally walks out. "EJ" I smile. "Come to enjoy the party."

"I, uh, I actually think I'm gonna call it a night. See ya tomorrow."

Before I could respond, he walks away and grabs his bag. Right as he was about to leave, Ash walks up to him. I thought we made a promise. Are we getting back together? Or is this breakup a permanent thing?

"Hey roomie," Ash smiles, walking back to me. "Listen. So I uh just had a moment to talk to EJ before he snuck out and..." she pauses. My smile falls slightly, nervous about what she might say. 

"I think you should hear this. EJ thinks you don't want to get back together with him." I look over at Ashlyn, extremely confused. I don't want to get back together? "What are you talking about?

"He thinks after what he's said and done, you wouldn't wanna be his girlfriend anymore. He also said when you guys were on your Spring Break of doom adventure, he heard you say that you two should be friends forever."

"I promise you, that is not what I want for me and EJ. I really like him, Ash, more than anything." I clarify with her. She smiles, though I'm still hesitant.

"I've got to go. I'll be back." Immediately I get up from my chair and run outside. When I leave Slices I see EJ just almost to his car. "EJ!" I shout, waving my hand up so he notices me. EJ turns around, a sad look resting on his face. I run up still a small length away unable to contain my smile. "Gina? What's going on?" he asks, still looking a bit sad. 

I didn't even want to talk to him. I've been letting him take the shots this whole time. Now, it's my turn. I run across the street and meet EJ. I grab his cheek and waist and pull him in for a deep and passionate kiss.

The kiss lasts a few seconds before we pull away and I kiss him again. Then again, and again, until we've gotten into a pretty good rhythm. Just as I pull away for air, I see him sweet, but confused smile.

"I do want to be with you. EJ, you, you are the greatest guy I've ever known. I don't care what you've done, it wasn't you. You've always done the best thing for all of us. You helped Nini overcome her obstacles to making music. You gave Ricky a home when he thought you had no one. You...you reconnected me with my brother. You helped me tear down my wall and open up" I can see EJ no longer able to contain his smile. 

"You are my hero. Which I know is cheesy but looking at how my life has gone, hero is entirely the right word to use." I pause again and let EJ take a breath. "I really like you, maybe even more than that."

"But, G, everything I did-"

"Wasn't you. You were infected. We know you. We all know the real you. EJ...you are wonderful. And we made a pact. So...you can officially consider me...you're girlfriend again." I take his hands in mine and kiss his cheek.

I see him smile widely. "You know, as much as I would love to keep this moment going-"

"You wanna get some rest, I get that."

"I'll see you tomorrow" he smiles. He slowly walks away, not wanting to let go of my hands. I walk back into Slices, smiling and blushing. I take a seat with Ash and Kourtney. "So is Portwell canon again?"

"It is."

"Yy, you both definitely deserve it."

"Really?"

"Gina, you shook our whole world. And we are forever grateful for you" Ash rubs my hands. "She's right. You went from the scary new girl to the sweetest girl and best sister ever."

"Wow, never been called that" I've been called many things. Scary, intimidating, competitive. Sweet and sister have never been one of them. I can't believe the family I've found in this group of theater kids. "Thanks, you guys. I've never done anything right the first time. My thing is I just push ahead until I get it right. But you guys taught me it's okay to get something wrong. You helped me break down my walls, and I can't imagine a better outcome."

"Girls!" Nini calls out. She runs over to us and sits with us. She had the widest smile. "Is everything cool? That was a quick call, did it go ok?" I ask. "It went amazing. He wants to meet me in LA. I just have to talk to my moms."

"Oh, my god. Nini, that's amazing. Congrats." If I'm being totally honest, I was nervous too. I really want this to go well for her. She deserves to shine like the star she is.

"Thank you so much, Gina" Nini grabs my hand. "I probably wouldn't be doing any of this if it wasn't for you. You really changed my life."

"Told you" Kourtney grins.

"Well, you all are really solid." They were really my sisters. This was my family. This was my home.

It feels so magical. I feel like a princess who just got her happy ending.

Sorry, Gina's ending is probably shorter than the others. For some reason, it took me a minute to figure out exactly what to put for her cause I actually didn't know what to put other than bring Portwell back together, but I did it. And I told y'all Portwell was getting back together, I gave y'all my word. Mark my words, Portwell will be the number 1 endgame, even in book 3. EJ's next. Stay safe and have a great day or night, wherever you are