Chapter 30

Jennie

Lisa's affection wasn't the only thing that had intensified in the past twenty four hours. Her protective instincts seemed to be dialled all the way up as she escorted Jennie past the crowds of reporters at the charity ball. Normally Lisa rested her hand gently on the small of Jennie's back giving her small nudges and pulls in hopes that she would follow her lead. Tonight Lisa's hand was firmly gripping her waist, holding her in place tightly against her side and Jennie loved every second of their public closeness.

Lisa was always hyper vigilant when she walked Jennie through a large crowd or when they entered a building that she was unfamiliar with, but tonight was different. Once they exited the cars, Lisa's expression hardened to stone with her brows lowered and drawn together as if she had already decided that everyone around them was a threat. Her sudden change in demeanour was endearing and made Jennie feel cherished and cared for as they made their way inside.

Richard and Dara started to make their rounds once they had entered, getting themselves a front row seat to the charity auction that was set to take place later in the evening. Jennie and Jin made their way over to the bar with Lisa and Hoony following closely behind. Ordering drinks from the bar, Jennie and Jin turned to survey the crowd that was starting to file into their seats for the auction. Sipping at her drink, Jennie looked up at Lisa who was cataloguing every person in their immediate area, but she must have felt Jennie's eyes on her. Lisa looked down at her, softening her expression as the corner of her mouth lifted into a smile, showing off a few of her perfect teeth.

Jin eagerly shifted his weight and tugged at his jacket in response to a woman who was slowly approaching him. "She either knows you, or she wants to know you." Hoony said to Jin. "She's one of the best lays I've ever had. Slept with her a couple of weeks ago, but I thought she was out of the country for the next few months."

"Well she's definitely got her sights set on you." Hoony observed. "Hell yes. I'd love to go for round two tonight. If I could only remember her fucking name." Jin said, as he adjusted his tie.

Jin is such a dick. Of course my silly brother doesn't remember that woman's name.

"Fuck, what is her name?" Jin muttered to himself, with Hoony snickering behind him as Jin frantically searched his mind for the woman's name. Jennie smiled and leaned in close to Lisa's ear. "Her name is Gabriella, but I'm going to make Jin sweat it out for a little while before I tell him" she whispered. Lisa let out a low laugh that vibrated in her chest as they both turned their attention to the woman who was now standing right in front of a very frazzled Jin. "Good evening beautiful." Jin said.

Nice try Jin. Let's see you wiggle yourself out of this.

"I didn't know you were going to be here tonight." Gabriella said, running her finger down the lapel of Jin's tux.

"Likewise, I thought you were out of the country for a while." Jin countered. "Change of plans." she said, shifting her eyes toward Hoony and Lisa. "Aren't you going to introduce me to your friends, I don't think we've met." Gabriella said, giving Hoony and Lisa a smile. "Introduce you? Of course I'll introduce you. How could I not introduce you." Jin's nervous rambling was hilarious and Jennie was loving it, but Lisa must have felt bad for him.

Jennie felt Lisa give her a slight nudge with her arm, signalling for her to intervene and save poor Jin. "How are you this evening, Gabriella?" Jennie asked, making sure she enunciated the name loudly for her stupid brother.

"Gabby!" Jin practically screamed, making everyone jump. "Hoony, Lisa, this is Gabby." Jin said confidently, causing Jennie to have to physically stop her eyes from rolling. Gabriella extended her long slender arm toward Hoony and Lisa for an unnecessary handshake as she eyed them and Jennie got the smallest hint of satisfaction in the way Gabriella drooled over Lisa.

Yes, she's yummy, and no, she doesn't want you. Keep your hands off my Lisa.

Lisa shook Gabriella's hand with her right and subtly placed her other hand on the small of Jennie's back as a reaffirming gesture that was endearing, but not needed.

Such a sweet show of faithfulness, but I'm not threatened in the least. I know Lisa is mine.

Jennie knew her worth and was confident in the growing feelings between them, not only that, but other women wanting Lisa made her beam with pride instead of coil with jealousy. Lisa didn't have eyes for any woman but her and made that abundantly clear.

The lights flickered then dimmed, indicating that the auction was about to begin. Jennie, Jin, and now Gabriella made their way toward the tables and stage, but she watched as Jin and Gabriella disappeared around the corner and elbowed Lisa who let out a chuckle and shook her head at Jin's antics. Hoony had a grin smeared across his face as he followed behind obviously tasked as the lookout while Jin and Gabriella had some fun.

Lisa found a place for them to stand beside the stage and stood with her back against the wall and Jennie standing in front of her, slightly offset to the side. The overhead lights went out as the stage lights illuminated several expensive items that were being wheeled out onto the stage. As the auction started, Jennie kept her eyes on the stage and the small illuminated paddles of the bidders, but had all of her senses focused on Lisa who was standing behind her left shoulder.

Taking advantage of the darkness that surrounded them, she felt Lisa take her knuckle and lightly drag it down her exposed back, starting at her shoulder blades and continuing down to the small of her back. She sucked in a quick breath as she lifted her chin and arched her shoulders back at the intoxicating sensation that sent shivers over her entire body.

With a thick swallow she remained completely still and felt Lisa's rough palm lay flush with the exposed skin on the small of her back before Lisa slipped the tips of her fingers beneath the fabric and left them there. Lisa didn't move, didn't explore or risk making Jennie squirm, she simply kept her palm flat against her skin, letting her thumb rub back and forth with only the tips of her fingers underneath the fabric edges of Jennie's dress. It was affectionate and intimate and Jennie's chest pumped wildly with quick breaths as she tried to anticipate where she'd feel Lisa's touch next.

Lisa pulled her body towards her until Jennie was standing directly in front of her with her back against Lisa's chest and leaned down close to her ear.