Chapter 87

Lisa

The next day, Jennie was sleeping peacefully with her head resting on Lisa's chest. She hadn't moved a muscle the entire night and was still in the same position she had been in when they fell asleep. They were due at Knight Security's office for debriefing in an hour, but Lisa couldn't bring herself to wake Jennie up. She rubbed her thumb up and down the side of Jennie's cheek trying to gently coax her awake.

"Jen baby..." she whispered, watching her facial expression change and twitch as Lisa slowly pulled her from sleep. "Time to wake up sweetheart." Lisa whispered again as Jennie lifted her head and stretched out her arms and legs.

She gave Lisa a sleepy smile that warmed her heart as Jennie looked up at her, resting her chin on Lisa's chest, before a knock at the bedroom door pulled her attention away. "Hey Doc?" Lucas said from the other side of the door.

"You can come in Luc." Lisa said, giving Lucas permission to enter so she could hear him better.

"You all naked?" Lucas asked in a sceptical tone.

Lisa and Jennie both started laughing at his question, shaking and bouncing the bed as they chuckled at Lisa's teammate.

"You think I'd invite you in if we were naked?" Lisa chuckled.

"Yeah well I don't know what kind of shit you're into." Lucas joked as he opened the bedroom door.

"My arm hurts like a bitch, what can I take besides Tylenol?" Lucas asked.

Lisa planted a kiss on Jennie's forehead before she hopped out of bed to grab some pain medication for Lucas. She was in a tank top, boxers and bed headed, but she got the impression that Jennie liked what she saw because the second Lisa stood up, Jennie kept sweeping her eyes over Lisa's body while chewing at her bottom lip.

"Quit looking at me like that baby or we might not ever leave this room." Lisa joked, giving her a wink.

"That's okay with me." Jennie said in a sleepy voice as Lisa left the room.

Lisa dispensed some medication in Lucas' good hand and brought him a bottle of water. "These ought to fix you up. They might make you tired, but they'll knock out that pain for sure." Lisa said confidently.

"I don't give a shit if they knock my ass out, you're my ride anyway," Lucas joked as he popped the pills in his mouth.

An hour later, Lisa, Jennie, and Lucas walked into Knight Security's office, ready to be debriefed on the events that unfolded at the safe house. They entered the conference room and took seats around a large table noticing that everyone looked just as exhausted as they felt. The room stayed relatively quiet with Hoony and Lucas closing their eyes as they rested their heads against their chairs. Even Marcus was yawning, leaning back in his chair with his legs stretched out in front of him.

Don entered the room a few minutes later, causing all eyes to open and posture to straighten as he made his way across the room toward the head of the table. "You wrecked shop at that safe house and I'm damn proud. Thirty four tangos down in two hours, with no team casualties and your principal alive and well. Damn good job." Don started as he passed by every team member.

"But I'm especially proud of you." Don added stopping in front of Jennie.

"Me?" she asked, pointing to herself in confusion.

"I heard you earned your fucking stripes Jennie, gave aid to every team member and kept a level head... even offered to sacrifice yourself for your team... proud doesn't even do it justice." Don said, giving her a small smile that only tipped the corner of his mouth before he distributed files to the team and claimed his seat.