Chapter 67

Lisa

A few hours later the group was parking their cars at the movie theatre. Everyone was trying to act as casually as possible and had made a collective decision to not tell Mina. They walked along the sidewalk toward the theatre and Lisa couldn't help but shift his eyes toward Bambam who seemed to be sweating bullets. The section of Bambam's t-shirt that touched his skin between his shoulder blades was soaked with sweat and his movements were stiff and nervous.

Play it cool man. Calm the hell down.

The entire team had never seen their fearless leader so nervous before. Storming into war torn countries against heavily armed enemies and terrorists hadn't rattled Bambam the way carrying around that tiny gold ring had.

As soon as they reached the fountain Mina immediately turned to Bambam with her palm out. "Did you bring the pennies?" she asked cheerfully.

Oh he brought more than pennies Mina.

"Of course I brought them, you ask me every time we pass this thing." Bambam said, dropping pennies into Mina's outstretched hand.

"Anybody else want to make a wish? This fountain is lucky." Mina said, holding out her hand to the other girls in the group.

"You go first." Ji-eun said with a grin.

Mina gave her a cute shrug and turned toward the fountain with penny in hand. She squeezed her eyes shut and readied her arm to throw the penny into the massive fountain. While her back was turned, the entire group tried to contain their excitement as they watched Bambam lower his massive frame down onto one knee and pull the ring box from his pocket.

Mina opened her eyes, but didn't turn around, with the penny still in hand. "Should I wish for a short term or long term wish?" Mina asked, still facing the fountain.

"Long term." Bambam replied from behind her.

"Hmmmm." Mina tapped her chin and analysed her wish options while the rest of the group tried not to react.

She's just taking her sweet time. This is fucking hilarious.

It took her so long in fact, Bambam had time to lift his hat from his head, wipe the sweat from his brow with the back of his forearm, and replace it on his head as he flipped it backwards.

"Okay I've got my wish." Mina finally said, but still held the penny.

"Should I throw it towards the top of the fountain or down here at the bottom. I wonder which one is more lucky. Maybe the top because it's higher and harder to land in? Or maybe the bottom because there's more water." Bambam dropped his head with his shoulders bouncing with laughter and a wide smile as Mina rambled. "Just throw the damn penny baby." Bambam finally pleaded.

"Okay, okay... you're so bossy." Mina muttered as she squeezed her eyes shut and finally tossed the penny into the water. She turned around with her gaze high, expecting to see Bambam standing in front of her, but had to shift her line of sight down as she focused on his large body, down on one knee. Mina covered her mouth with both hands and let out all the air in her lungs at the sight of Bambam on one knee with a ring box. "Mina, I've loved you since the day I met you and I'm gonna keep loving you until the day I die, and even after that... I don't feel like I can go one more second without you being my wife." Mina gave Bambam a bright smile that reached her eyes as they welled with happy tears. "Marry me Mina? Make me the happiest man on earth?"

Nodding vigorously, Mina smiled through her tears and extended her left hand towards him. "Are you kidding me? Yes!" she squealed as Bambam slid the diamond ring onto her finger. She launched herself into Bambam's chest as he stood and he gladly took her in his arms as he lifted her up off the ground, letting her wrap her legs around his waist.

The entire group erupted in celebration, cheering and whistling at the newly engaged couple as they surrounded them. Mina grabbed the sides of Bambam's face by the scruff on his jaw, tilting his face up towards hers as she looked down at him. "You're mine?" she asked with tears in her eyes.

"I'm yours, baby." Bambam said, smiling against her lips before she closed the space between them, delivering a passionate kiss that caused the group to cheer even louder. The excitement of the group was electric and everyone was buzzing with energy as Bambam set Mina down on her feet.

"You guys better get some pennies because that fountain works!" Mina squealed as the girls swarmed around her to look at the ring.

Bambam was getting dozens of slaps on the back and congratulatory hugs, but all Bambam could see was Mina. Their eyes were glued to one another through all of the chaos and celebration and Lisa couldn't have been happier for her friends. Lisa watched as Mina showed off her ring to the girls and smiled as they giggled and jumped in celebration.

Lisa's favourite pair of big bright eyes finally landed on her and her heart immediately responded to Jennie, picking up speed and sending warmth throughout her body as Jennie held her gaze. Lisa mouthed 'I love you' across the crowd of people and loved the sweet smile that her silent words had put on Jennie's face.

Jennie mouthed 'I love you too' and Lisa felt like her heart might explode at the sight.

Life is good. Life is great now that Jennie's here with me.