Chapter 92

Jin

Later on that night Jin gave Jiyong a call just before reaching the large iron gate that surrounded Jiyong's estate. "Sorry for showing up unannounced, but there's some business we need to discuss and it can't wait until morning." Jin said with a sense of urgency in his voice.

"I agree, I'll meet you in the study." Jiyong said over the intercom speaker at the gate that slowly started to rise following a loud buzzing sound.

He agrees? What the fuck does that mean?

Jin's mind started racing, but he didn't have time to dwell on Jiyong's words for too long. He needed to catalogue the number of guards so that he knew what he was up against. Jiyong's estate wasn't small and Jin needed to know if it was a security detail of two or three men or an entire damn army.

One.... two... three-four-five... six. Six guards that I can see.

Two of the guards stopped him at the door motioning for him to raise his arms so they could pat him down.

Fuck.

The guard gave him a hateful glare as he pulled two side arms that were concealed from within his suite jacket. "Don't fucking eye me like that. If you were half as important as I am you'd understand why I need to carry guns everywhere I go." Jin hissed at the guard trying to keep up his ruthless reputation.

"Yeah well how about I hold these for you until you leave." The guard said flatly, taking the guns and laying them on a side table near the door.

"Thanks." Jin ground out as he brush past the guard and headed toward Jiyong's study at the other end of the house.

The house looked the same as it did when he and Jennie were children, as if nothing had been moved or changed in the past twenty years. It was hard to believe that he was walking down the same hallways where he and Jennie used to play, on his way to murder the man they had considered their uncle - their family.

"In here Jin." Jiyong called out as if Jin didn't remember exactly where the study was.

"Come in and shut the door." Jiyong said once he laid eyes on Jin.

Ideal.

Without looking up from his desk, Jiyong motioned with his hand for Jin to enter. Taking slow cautious steps as he made his way into study, Jin gently closed the large mahogany doors behind him, making sure he heard them click into place before she subtly twisted the lock as he engaged it.

"We have a problem Jin." Jiyong said, before Jin could get a word in.

"I'm listening." Jin said with genuine curiosity.

"The hit on Jennie was unsuccessful... again. She always seems to stay one step ahead which means someone has to be helping her."

Yeah... me.

"Those damn G.I. Joes that she's surrounded herself with need to be dealt with. She never would have lasted this long without them and they are starting to become a thorn in my side. We need to sit down tonight and think through some ways to handle them or at least separate them to give us enough time to get to her." Jiyong said.

He still has no idea that I'm helping Jennie.

A smirk gathered in the corner of Jin's mouth as he moved closer to Jiyong's desk. "You're right that is a problem." Jin started as he took a few slow steps toward Jiyong.

"I've got some intel on them. It's not much but there are a few addresses here and a blue print of their security headquarters." Jiyong said, spreading some documents out on his desk.