Let's Hit the Road

Sorry for any new chapters last week.

I was feeling unmotivated at that time and ran writing was hard due to writer block.

I was planning to upload a chapter yesterday, but due to my parents partying all the way to midnight was another cause I couldn't upload.

Anyway, I'm back, and let's end the Mondstadt Arc, and begin Tanjiro's journey.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd POV

The rebels watch in awe as Tanjiro, An Bai, the bartender, and Gunnhildr raise their weapons high.

Bartender: The tyrant king, Decarabian has been defeated! We are free from his oppression!

Everyone: OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!

Everyone cheered as they celebrate their gain freedom.

The wind spirit cheer as well, but the tone of its voice were not cheerful than the others.

Tanjiro was not in a happy mood. After seeing Decarabian turning into a demon, Tanjiro was gripping his sword tightly.

An Bai: Tanjiro?

Tanjiro: It's nothing... just reminded of something bad.

An Bai didn't say a word as something that transforms Decarabian made Tanjiro mad.

Bartender: Tanjiro, An Bai.

Tanjiro/An Bai: ?

Bartender: Can you join us in the celebration? You two are the ones who help the Resistance defeat Decarabian.

Tanjiro thought for a minute and sigh.

Tanjiro: We'll join.

Bartender: Thank you.

Tanjiro: But what about the deceased?

Bartender: We're burying them right now before the party. We can't let their bodies rot in his castle.

Tanjiro: Then let me join in burying them. I know a lot how to bury someone from my previous occupation.

Seeing his expression change from a somber face, the bartender and An Bai knows not the ask further.

Bartender: I thank you and everyone people of Mondstadt.

Tanjiro: It's no problem.

Tanjiro give a fake smile and walk away towards the rebels who were bringing out the corpses from the castle.

Bartender: He is different than all of us.

An Bai: ...

Bartender: After the battle, he didn't flinch from the torn body's from our comrades, or even blood.

An Bai: I don't know about Tanjiro because he never mentions his past. But I can see that his past have must been terrible.

Bartender: ...

The bartender sigh and walk away, leaving An Bai by herself as she watch Tanjiro burying the bodies of the deceased. She watches as the deceased's relatives cry in sadness as they see their love ones part of the ones killed in action.

An Bai: His demeanor... something that Decarabian did made Tanjiro change...

An Bai leave that thought and walk away to help with the celebration.

Later

Rebel: For Freedom!

Everyone: For Freedom!