Fatui Diplomat

The stormy clouds that covered the sun dissipate, allowing the people of Mondstadt to see the clear blue sky and the sun itself. The harsh winds subsided and the gentle winds return back to Mondstadt.

Siegfried: Looks like the others did it. All the Dragon's breath have been destroyed; now, Stormterror won't be getting power anymore. I should probably wait for them at the gate.

Siegfried walks away from his balcony and head towards the entrance gate.

Back to our travelers, they exit the temple and see the sun rising on the horizon.

Paimon: Phew, it's finally done. Now that all the Dragon's breath have been destroyed, Stormterror won't be strong enough to summon those tornadoes and storms again.

Aether: Yea. Man, I need to sleep. We spent the whole day and night taking down the Dragon's breath stones inside the three temples.

Paimon: Paimon agreed with you, Aether. But, Paimon is confused about those three monsters.

Aether: Yea, now you mention it... Those three monsters guarding the stones were kinda suspicious. Are they related to Stormterror or something else?

Paimon: Paimon doesn't know. Paimon never seen them before.

Aether: Well, we should head back to Mondstadt. We'll have to report Grandmaster Jean about the Dragon's breath destruction and those mysterious monsters.

Paimon: Yea. Let's head back to Mondstadt.

The duo walk back towards the city, though it is quite far away where they are. After a while of walking, they reach the entrance gate where they see Siegfried waiting for them.

Aether: Hey, Siegfried. Were you waiting for us?

Siegfried: Yea, I was waiting for you guys. Thank you for supporting the Knights of Favonius for getting rid of the Dragon's breath that powers Stormterror. Now that Stormterror is weaken, we can plan our next attack on it.

Paimon: No problem!

Siegfried: Anyway, we should head towards the Headquarters. We'll need to formulate a plan with the rest of the captains.

The three head towards the Headquarters of the Knights of Favonius, but while they were walking there, they spot Jean talking to a woman.

Paimon: Isn't that Jean? Looks like she's talking to someone...

Siegfried: A Fatui diplomat.

Aether: What?

Siegfried: Fatui diplomats. They are personnels affiliated with the Fatui. They're "diplomats" sent by Snezhnaya to gain some autonomy in the city's region. In reality, they're committing subterfuge.

Paimon: Why would the Fatui do that?

Siegfried: They're trying to gain power and influence in other regions of Mondstadt for whatever scheme they're planning. They tried to "save" Mondstadt from Ursa the Drake, but I was there and killed it before they can. Later, I figured out that they were the ones who aggravated Ursa and lead it towards Mondstadt.

Aether: What!? Then, why are blatantly here, then!?

Siegfried: Because of one man who is the Tsraritsa's advisor: Grigori Rasputin.

Aether: Rasputin...?

Siegfried: The advisor of the Fatui's Queen, and the most dangerous. He was able to get rid of evidence anything the Fatui was involved in and his dangerous eloquence and speech. What he is great for is to be dramatic and make the people believe or doubt the prosecution against the Fatui. Because of that, he was able to get the Fatui some bit of influence in Mondstadt, much to my chagrin. Every nation calls him the Queen's Jester, and that title fits who he is.

Aether: So, if the he were to appear in Mondstadt...

Siegfried: Then, there's something big that the Fatui wants. Anyway, we should probably listen what that Fatui diplomat is talking about to Jean.

The three stand next to a fountain that'll cover them from their sight and listen to their conversation.

Anastasia: ...which is what has bought us to this point in the first place. If you are unable to promptly deal with the  Stormterror threat, then leave the defense of Mondstadt to the Fatui. We can put an end to Mondstadt's dragon issues, all we need to do is bring that monster to the-

Jean: "Monster"?

Anastasia: Yes. What's your point?

Jean: Ah... I'd expect a more professional attitude from your diplomats. Yet here you are saying you want to "put an end" to one of The Four Winds of Mondstadt? I won't have any of this nonsense in front of the Knights of Favonius.

Anastasia: Heh... Hehehe... It's not as crazy as you make it sound. Fine. That's enough negotiation for today. At this stage it's simply... an amicable exchange of constructive opinions, no? I'll be sure to make... thorough notes...

The Fatui diplomat leaves, and Siegfried, Aether, and Paimon leave their spot and walk towards Jean.

Siegfried: Another of those "negotiations" with the Fatui.

Jean: Yes. Those Fatui diplomats really want to intervene with Mondstadt's problems. Looks like they are trying to find ways to make Mondstadt be indebted to them, even though they failed from the Ursa incident.

Siegfried: You know, the first thought when Stormterror started terrorizing Mondstadt, I thought it was the Fatui's doing. But, after looking further for what's Stormterror's attack, they are not the ones who are causing it.

Jean: You figure it out!?

Aether: Woah...

Siegfried: Yea. But right now is a good place to talk about this. Let's head back to Headquarters.

Jean: Jean: Agreed. Let's head back to discuss this.

The group walk towards the Headquarters of the Knights of Favonius, but while walking there, Aether ask them an inquiry.

Aether: What are the Fatui?

Siegfried: Ah, sorry for not giving you some information while I was talking. The Fatui are a diplomatic and militaristic group that serves the Tsaritsa, Snezhnaya Cryo Archon. They're famous- or more properly, infamous for their ways to get involved in nations problems or subterfuge.

Paimon: Yea. Paimon heard about then. Ugh, they are bad people and all the nations have a distrust towards them.

Jean: Your right, Paimon. The Fatui have been trying to covet the Anemo Archons power, but all of their plans failed thanks to Sir. Siegfried.

Paimon: So, your like the anti-Fatui shield of Mondstadt.

Siegfried: You can say that. But, as long as Grigori Rasputin is following the Tsaritsa, sooner or later, they bypass my shield and poison Mondstadt within.

Aether: Now you mention about power, there is something I want to show. It's important.

Jean: Then, let's go in and discuss in my office.

The group enters the Headquarters of the Knights of Favonius and enter Jean's office.