Start of the Battle of Mondstadt

Hey guys.

Sorry for not updating for a while.

Burnout, life, procrastination, and my pessimistic view in my life after high school.

I'm in my final year of high school and already it's nerve wracking and my constant vigilance on my grades is mentally tiring me out.

But my spring break is here and I'll the time to update.

I'll continue to update this fic until it reaches its final chapter.

Sorry for being gone for a while but I'm back.

P.s. did you guys saw Foothill's theme?

Here, listen to it.

Enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sanemi: Aether. This is your last training.

Aether grip his sword's hilt tightly as he face the huge boulder that makes him feel like he is an insignificant being against a mountain.

Sanemi: Your goal is to cut this boulder in half with one swing of your sword. A single slash to split it in two.

Aether: What if I fail to slice in half with one swing?

Sanemi: Then it will regenerate the damage you done, redoing all your efforts on it. You might be here for days, months, or even years.

Aether: I don't have time for that! I need to protect my friends from the First Tail!

Sanemi: Don't worry, time is slower than in the real world. 1 day in this pocket dimension is 1 second in the real world. You have plenty of time, but it depends on your effort. Remember your training and trust your sword. Only then will you able to slice this boulder in one swing.

Aether: Ok... Let's do this.

Aether go into his sword practice stance and breathe in air to do Total Concentration Breathing. With everything he got, he pour everything into this swing and unleash his attack at the boulder, but...

*clang*

Aether's sword bounce from hitting the boulder.

!

Aether sees no damage to the boulder, not even a single scratch. The louder glisten in the sunlight, showing the sparkles and gleam.

It felt like he hit a steel wall.

Aether look at it again and correct himself.

No, it isn't a steel wall, it felt like he was hitting a giant version of a diamond!

Sanemi: Good luck.

Sanemi sit down on a rock and drink his tea while sweat drips from Aether's face.

Aether: Haaaah!

Aether swing again and was met with the same result. He try using Total Concentration Breathing at its maximum, but it failed. Aether swing his sword until the boulder breaks.

100 swings...

1000 swings...

10000 swings...

100000 swings...

Aether lost count how many times he swing at the boulder, but not a single visible crack from the last swing.

Aether fall to the ground, tired of swing his sword for two days. Aether tried resting, but it show no result and only wasted his time. He grip his sword again and lifts it again for another swing.