Christmas Special

Sorry for the long silence.

I have an AP Gov exam after winter break so I been studying.

And my muscles are not soar anymore so thank you.

Anyway, onto the chapter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aether: Paimon, you know what month it is?

Paimon: No...?

Aether: December, and you know what special day December has.

Paimon: No...

Aether: Christmas! It's the special day that family give gifts to one another! 

Paimon: Oh... Christmas! I thought you have something weird on your mind on December.

Aether: But it is also the day the gods grant use bountiful gift that'll make me cry in happiness!

Aether climbs on the statue of Barbatos and pray to the sky.

Aether: Oh Jesus, Buddha, Zeus, Jade Emperor, Amaterasu, Shiva, Vivian, Odin, Dagda, Hoyoverse, please give this lost lamb the gift to give them the path!

Listening to Aether's cry, light shone upon him and instrumental music play in the background.

Someone descends from the heavens and forward his hand to Aether, holding a gift to him.

Aether: Is it what I think it is!? Is it... the 5-star selector...!

The man smiles before saying...

Hoyoverse: Here's a daily login for playing Genshin Impact for 4 years~

The man yeeted himself out of there, leaving Aether frozen in shock.

Paimon: Hey, at least you get a 10 pull.

Later, Aether is seen in a tavern drinking a bottle of grape wine- no, he drank 3 bottles of grape wine. Um, Diluc is looking at Aether if he's ok and scared.

Siegfried: Ok, Aether, what happened because this is abnormal.

Aether: I want a 5-star character... Any 5-star character... Why didn't they give us a free 5-star selector instead of god damn daily login!

Siegfried: Oof... Are you still salty that Honkai Star Rail gets a free 5-star Dr Ratio in their 1.6 update, even though it's not their anniversary.

Aether: Me? Salty? Hahahaha, what a funny joke you're making! You think I'm jealous!?

Siegfried/Diluc/Paimon: Yea...

Aether: I've been in this world for 4 years! 4 years, and each anniversary didn't satisfied me. Even after we got the game award, they didn't give us a free 5-star, but instead a free 10 pull. How can you not be mad that you spend 4 years of your life and get not a reward that is rewarding.

Siegfried: I don't know... 

Aether: See, you don't know...

Paimon: Well, Paimon has something to show.

Aether: What is it? 

Paimon: Tanjiro send a gift to you, but he was tired after spending several nights making this gift for you so he give it to Paimon.

Paimon go through pocket and grab a present that shouldn't fit in her pocket.

Aether: Is this the present Tanjiro gave me?

Paimon: Yep! Paimon didn't open the present as well, so its genuine.

Aether inspects the present and after carefully inspecting everything, Aether puts the present on the counter and slowly unwraps it. Aether looks inside to see a note and grabs it.

Tanjiro: Happy Christmas, Aether. I notice that you've been down for a while so I thought of any gifts that I should give that could uplift your mood. After spending several nights thinking, I finally figured out what gift that'll make your happy.

Aether look inside the present again and tears began to swell up.

Tanjiro: I hope that the free 5-star selector I give you will make you happy~

Aether fall to the ground and a fountain appeared as he cried in joy.

Aether: TANJIRO!!!!!!

The onlookers look at him strangely, but went to their usual business.

Paimon pats Aether's back as he hug the present.

Diluc sigh and pour a drink of dandelion wine to Aether.

Siegfried let out a sigh and smile as Aether gets up and drinks the dandelion wine Diluc pour.

Siegfried: Merry Christmas.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's 6 days late, but oh god does Genshin Impact not love by Hoyoverse.

I mean, Honkai Star Rail, a game not a year old yet, gets a free 5-star limited character from wining multiple game awards while Genshin won and got a free 10 pull.

You see that difference?

Its like saying Hoyo loves Genshin, but when they are away from earshot, they love Honkai Star Rail more.

I guess anything that has Honkai in it gets all of Hoyo's love.

Anyway, I'm going to enjoy my free 5-star Dr Ratio.

Cya.