33

"I need to know everything Natalie. No detail is too small."

I looked at hopper nodding my head as the nurse was stitching my side up.

"Can you be a little easier please." I whined out as I groaned. The nurse looked at me giving me an I'm sorry look but kept going. I sighed squeezing onto the bed and looking at hopper.

"I went home to do laundry today. I was there all day. After I got done I showered and got dressed. Billy and me was supposed to go on a date tonight but I didn't go home."

I flung my head back on the bed. "GOD DAMNIT LADY!"

The nurse looked at me biting her lip. "I'm sorry I'm almost done."

I looked at her tightening my jaw. "I didn't make it home because kai showed up."

I looked down as the nurse was putting ointment on my stitches and bandaging me up. "We started fighting. I tried running but you know." I said as I pointed to my stitches. Hopper was sitting in the empty chair looking at me as I kept talking.

"He wouldn't stop choking and hitting me. He wouldn't get off of me so I grabbed the knife stabbing him. I didn't think it would kill him. I wasn't trying to kill him. I was just trying to stop him from killing me."

The questions went on for a while as the nurse cleaned and bandaged me up. When she left giving me and hopper the room so I could change into a pair or sweats and a shirt they gave me I made my way to the bathroom. When I walked out of the bathroom changed I looked at hopper.

"So what happens now?"

Hopper looked at me and stood up. "You did what you had to do Natalie. It was self defense honey."

I looked at hopper with tears in my eyes. Hopper walked over hugging me. "I'll give you a ride back to your car. Come on honey."

After a short silent drive hopper pulled back up to my house. He loaded the laundry baskets into my car and I headed back to Billy's.

"Baby."

I looked at Billy as I walked into the house. "Could you grab the baskets from my car?" I asked him but I didn't wait for a reply. I just walked into the bedroom sitting on the bed crossed legged. When Billy walked back in he closed the distance getting on the bed.

He grabbed my face wiping my tears away. "Are you okay baby?"

I looked at Billy nodding my head. "We're okay. You weren't there. You never showed up. You waited for me to come home for our date but I was late."

Billy looked at me with tears in his eyes as he looked confused. He held onto my face looking at me. "You took the blame?"

I looked at Billy nodding my head. "If I did it then it's considered self defense. If you did it then it's murder. You would go to jail. So to everyone else I killed kai."

Billy looked at me with tears in his eyes. I grabbed Billy's cheeks and looked at him. "I will always protect you anyway I can. You do the same for me."

I looked at Billy wiping his tears away and kissing him. When Billy laid down he pulled me down with him.

"We can never tell anyone the truth Billy. Ever."

Billy looked me as we were laying down in each other's arms. "I know. A secret we both take to our graves. No matter what happens."

I looked at Billy taking a deep breath as he stared at me. "Princess what's wrong?"

I looked at Billy shaking my head lightly. "What kai said before he died. Wha-"

Billy stopped me before I could finish what I was going to say. Billy caressed my face gently and lightly. "Don't think about that baby. Your alive and that's what matters. Nothing else."