Chapter 14- Part 4

"And the good thing is that it is already set up," dad smiles.

"Seriously?" I say as I just clip the necklace around my neck. Now I'm wearing two necklaces but I don't care, they're both beautiful. I open the box and turn the phone on. He has set it up.

"Your number is in your contacts so you can learn it. It's already in all of our phones, well, apart from Jake," he adds.

I hand Jake the phone and he messages himself from it. So now Jake does have it.

"Thank you all so much."

Alice is about to reply but she is interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Charli'es here!" she chimes as she skips to the front door.

"She is seriously weird sometimes," I say, my eyes following her until I cannot see her anymore.

"And you aren't?" Jake says, grinning.

"Hey!" I say as I nudge his hip with my elbow.

Emmett laughs and hi-fives Jake. "I was going to say something like that but you bet me to it."

"Real nice guys, ganging up on me," I say, acting defeated.

"Oh we're only-"

"Nah!" I cut Jake off, only mucking around but I walk away, leaving him there as I go to look for Alice and why she is taking so long with Charlie.

I walk around the corner and walk straight into Charlie. "Grandpa!" I say as I wrap my arms around his waist.

"Hey kiddo!" He wraps his arms around me in a very tight hug. I laugh. "Happy Birthday!"

"Thank you," I say, not wanting to step out of his tight grip on me but knowing Alice will make me rush as the other guests will be arriving shortly. He hands a book of some sort wrapped in pink wrapping paper. I smile and unwrap it, wondering what it is and freeze when I see what he has given me. It's a scrap book. I open the page and it has a picture of Charlie and I when I was a toddler.

I look through the book and it has hundreds of photos. All neatly done with silly comments and completely decorated. "Aww Grandpa!" I say, embracing him in another hug.

"I thought you'd like it, you always complained about not having heaps of pictures as you've aged in just two years. You have no idea how difficult it was to keep this a secret when you kept going on about it," he says before sighing, teasing me.

"Haha but thank you!" I walk back to all the others and show mum and dad the book. Turns out they gave Charlie some of the photos, but most of the photos were taken by Grandpa himself.

."So when is everyone else getting here?" I ask, eager for this party to start but also eager for it to finish.

"Well I said six but they'll get here when they get here," Alice answers, changing the setting of the table over and over again.

"What are you doing?"

"It doesn't look right."

"It looks perfect! You have done a great job."

Alice stops fidgeting with the vases on the table and smiles at me. What I said is the truth. Even if I didn't want this party at least Alice goes all out. She always throws the best parties, the ones you won't forget anytime soon.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey Readers, sad to announce this short novel only has a couple more parts to go!!! Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote (if it deserves it!) and to leave your feedback. Any is welcome!!! :D