Chapter 7- Part 4

"They have never forgotten about your birthday before," he says reassuringly.

"But they weren't under all of this stress."

"They won't forget, I promise."

"Don't say promises you cannot keep," I say. "Don't side track me. I'm still angry at you." This took him by surprise.

"What? Why?"

"Because you didn't stand up for me in there."

"Yes I did, when you-"

"No, not when I left, when I was there. When I was getting told off by dad. You didn't say anything."

"I had to keep calm, I felt like having a go at him, to tell him to relax a little, but you were already breaking down so I had to keep to together for you. But when you left I thought to hell with it." This made me smile, but the smile vanishes as quickly as it came. "Come on Nes."

I walk away, trying to leave, to get away from the power Jake has always had over me. I will never understand it, no one has ever had that power over me.

"I stood up for you Nes! Even if it wasn't the way you wanted me to!" This made me stop. The way I 'wanted' him to? I turn around and start to walk over to him.

"The way I wanted you to? Are you kidding me? You should-"

Jake's lips suddenly meet mine and my thoughts vanish. My anger vanishes and I am kissing him back. I can't even remember what I was going to say. He puts both his hands on my cheeks and my lips leave his and we lock gazes, our foreheads touching, he smiles down at me and I smile at him. "That's not fair, I was angry and you didn't let me finish."

"I'm sorry. Am I forgiven?" He asks with a smirk.

"You're forgiven."

"Lets take you home." I keep a hold of his hand but don't move. "What?"

"I can't face him yet."

"He didn't mean it," Jake says.

"I don't care, I'm not going home."

"Well I'm not leaving you out here alone."

"Stay with me?" I ask.

"Nes, won't your parents be worried?" Jake asks, trying to convince me to go home. "I'm not succeeding, am I?" He asks, I shake my head. He sighs in expiration. "OK but I am-" he grabs out his iPhone "texting your mum saying that you are with me."

"Jake don't tell-"

"I'm not saying anything, I'm just saying that I have found you so they know you're okay."

"It's not like I can't defend myself," I say as I pick up a pebble and skip it across the river.

"They know that, I guess it's just parental instincts."

"Mhm."

"Done. How does this sound? I know I'm not you favourite person at the moment but I have found Nes and she's OK. I'll drop her off home in the morning."

"Good, now turn your phone off."

"I will as soon as she messages me back."

"She'll call." And as if on cue Jake's phone rings. Jake is about to answer it when I shake my head.

"Just a quick second. To let her know you're OK." I'm about to protest but Jake answers the phone.

"Hello Bells." There's silence. "Yes she's fine, she's with me." Silence. He covers the mouth piece. "She wants to speak to you." I shake my head.

"No, Jake. Not yet."

"She doesn't want to talk." "Yes she's OK, I'll bring her home first thing tomorrow morning, OK?" "She wants to calm down before coming home, she doesn't want to get into a fight again with Edward." Thank-you I mouth to Jake. He nods. "Yes I'll stay with her. Bye." He hangs up and turns his phone off.

"What did she say?"

"She argued, a lot. Saying that you should come home and I was on speaker so Edward said you should come home so that's why I said you didn't want to get into a fight because I know your dad was listening."

"Thanks, Jake."

"Do you seriously want to stay out here? Why don't we go back to mine?"

"Because your dad will tell mum and she'll be over there straight away."