Health Center

The tour was long and boring.

Callie took me to practically every classroom despite the fact I only had four classes that I needed to know how to get to. She also knew every one of our roommates' schedules and would point out who's classes were whose. The only part of the tour that was partially interesting were the training centers.

The field is where most conditioning and sparring takes place. There were many training rooms filled with an array of target practice and even fighting simulators that looked pretty cool. 

Although, when we were touring the training centers no one else was there, so I don't know quite yet how I'm supposed to feel about the training regimen here and what exactly to expect.

There were also many rooms with safety requirements in place so other students can practice bombs without blowing themselves, or other students up.

There were big tech rooms with all types of computers and coding sequences that were fairly advanced.

Coding's not my strong suit but I'm pretty good at it. It was another training exercise I did with Cohen, but he would always watch over my shoulder, not only to punish me if I had messed up, but to also make sure I wasn't doing anything I wasn't supposed to.

Like contacting the authorities.

Which wasn't something I was thinking of at ten. I just wanted to watch a movie or show that wasn't as boring as the things I was allowed to watch upstairs.

I remember after a very successful mission; Cohen had brought me my first Harry Potter book. I was so happy, and I loved it. But one day while I was on a mission, I saw advertising for the book being turned into a movie and I got so excited and couldn't wait to go home and tell Cohen.

Except for when I got home, a full smile on my face to tell him the news, he punished me for getting distracted on the mission and burned the book in the fireplace, as well as burning off all my fingerprints.

'If you get distracted, you're going to forget things and if you forget things, you won't cover your tracks! The awful people will come for you to do awful things, do you hear me!!'

He burnt them off because I was being too careless, and I had to construct these weird mitts with the materials in the basement for them to heal before the next mission.

Needless to say I never got distracted over something so silly after that.

We're making our way towards the health center now, to get a physical.

I don't quite know what a physical is since I've never been to a actual doctor before, but Callie assured me it was nothing bad or too invasive.

The health center building is separate from the living, school, and training buildings.  Its adjacent from the training areas which does seem the most logical if someone gets injured while training, and bring me a little bit of peace at the notion that they would keep it so close.

It gives a little more insight on how people are treated here.

I mean they wouldn't put a health center close to trainings if they weren't meant for the instance when someone gets hurt or injured during training, would they?

Whenever I would get injured while training with Cohen, he seemed to target the areas I was hurt. Making them heal slower instead of patching me up and healing me faster. Often times If I had a broken rib, he would aim for my torso. If I had a broken arm, he would twist and pull it before I would pass out in pain.

Passing out was a whole other ordeal of its own. When I would pass out Cohen perceived it as me being weak, that I 'couldn't handle the amount of pain and took the easy way out'. So he would 'help build up my pain tolerance.'