Stupid Reflexes

He's even more angry today, if that's even possible.

The moment I stepped into the room he was scowling at me, I mean the guy looked like I ruined his life or something.

Today's training activity is knife throwing, but my activity will be reading the book that was assigned to me in literature class.

Knives are the things I used the most, you can be precious without being loud. Cohen barley ever let me use a gun during mission besides the rare sniper job. They were to loud and even with a silencer he didn't like them.

I think it was mostly because its harder to hide a gun in a short dress than a knife in a short dress.

I had no issues with the types of weapons I used, but Cohen did train me in about everything. I even had to perfect axe throwing. I mean when was I ever going to throw an axe at some man, but whatever it's over now.

I sit down in the main part of the room. This room is pretty big, its an open floor plan with four different sections, 3 of them being for knife throwing, different targets, different distances, different patterns all made for practice. The last section is the one I'm in, it's the main one where students stretch and put their belongings and is a no weapon zone, one of the reasons I'm in here.

I open my book to try to read but I'm distracted.

I can't help but look at the people throwing knives, some are good, some are great, but a lot are awful. I mean the awful ones are still hitting their targets, spot on even, but their form is so wrong. If they were to use the same technique while actually trying to kill someone, they would hurt themselves.

Their arms would be tired and sore after two throws and it would be harder to hit a moving target, my point proven when they go to the section where the targets are moving side to side and their throws don't hit.

I notice Jason approaching them and trying to show them how to do it, but they don't listen, just shake him off and continue to be awful.

If I had done that to Cohen, I wouldn't be able to stand for a week. I've noticed that the people at the school all think they're the best. That no one could tell them wrong, and they know best, but I guess that's what you get when every student here is from well-known families, wealthy families, or important people.

The superiority complex here is amazing.

After another 20 minutes of students ignoring Jason and continuing with their piss poor throwing, he blows a whistle in the main room gaining everybody's attention.

"Since nobody wants to actually learn how to be better, for the rest of this session your sorry excuse of assassins will be running sprint circuits out on the field for an hour."

"But our session ends in 45 minutes." The words come from one of the guys who is shit at throwing and he's clearly not happy about the new activity for training.

"Guess you should have thought about that before you threw like a fucking 10-year-old and refused instruction."

That's kind of offensive, I threw knifes better than all these people when I was 10.

"Now, if you want your points for the day, I suggest you get your running shoes on and follow me."

I grab my bag and stand from the floor, following Jason out of the room. When we reach the field, I once again notice Lena and Finn but this time their sparring. They're both really good, great technique, intelligence, and stamina.

"Those are the elite fighters at the academy, something you wouldn't know nothing about since you can't build up enough courage to even hit a punching bag, let alone hold a gun, and you've got the headmaster wrapped around your tiny little finger letting you do whatever you want."

Stupid man.

Even with how experienced he is I could take him down with my pinky.

"That's one opinion."

He scowls at me, "it's a fact."

I shrug, "whatever you say."

I walk away from him with a smile and head to the bleachers, looking back at Jason he's glaring at me with his fists clenched clearly pissed off, I only smile and wave.

Taking my eyes off his and to the field I met another set of glaring eyes, only I don't smile when I see his, I frown. Lena looks at him confused moving her eyes from me to Finn before smirking.

Does she know why he doesn't like me? Maybe I can ask her about it later.

The rest of the students come out of the building and start running sprints. Alternating between sprints and a rest jog and I find myself slightly happy I don't have to do that, I never liked sprinting. Cohen would always trip me if I wasn't going fast enough, and I have a lot of scars on my knees from falling.

I know Finn is still staring intensely at me, but I try to ignore him and refocus on the reading assignment. It's a Shakespearean book Macbeth, one that I've already read but I'll re-read it anyway to jog my memory for the upcoming quiz.

About thirty minutes have passed and I've read a good chunk of the book already exceeding how much we were supposed to read for the week, but at least I'm ahead.

I just sit on the bleachers and observe, Finn and Lena's group look to be doing a tournament style of sparring, winner moves on loser starts running laps around the field.

Both Finn and Lena seem to be dominating and I think they're only real competition is each other. Lena wins her match pretty quickly and finds me watching, she sends me a bow and wave and I cant help but smile and laugh.

Finn also looks over at me when he wins but he gives me a mean scowl and eye roll, he is very grumpy today, even more than usual.

I wonder if I have anything to do with it.

I doubt it, he might be angry at me for not telling him what happened yesterday, but he doesn't seem like the type to hold on to those types of things for too long. Like he finds something else to be angry about and he wouldn't waist all his hate energy on me even though he has an abundance of it.

Finn ends up winning against Lena in the end and their session is done, looking at the time my session should be done as well but the students are still running having 15 minutes left but I don't have to stay here and I have to go see the headmaster.

I walk down the bleachers and start making my way to the building only to be stopped by Jason, "where do you think you're going?"

"Training is over I'm leaving, plus I have to see the headmaster."

"'Training' if that what you would call you reading on the bleachers is not over and you have to stay here."

"The headmaster said I only needed to stay for attendance and then I could leave, I stayed longer than attendance and I'm leaving."

Jason looks extremely mad, and people have started to look over her to see what the drama was about. I try to push past Jason again, but he grabs my arm. I quickly twist it behind his back and knee him in the back hard, making him fall to the ground.

Shit.

Fuck you stupid reflexes.

My eyes are wide, and I start breathing heavy as I turn to run away and get away before I hurt him even more. I know I'm not his biggest fan, but I didn't mean to hurt him he just scared me and I couldn't help my reaction to that.

No matter what I tell myself it doesn't help, I feel bad, and I hurt him.

I run all the way back to my room, forgetting about the headmaster and the key and straight to my room.

I lock the door behind me and make my way to the chair by the window overlooking the field. Everyone is still running and Jason's no longer on the floor, he doesn't seem to be hurt as I take a breath of relief and just watch the end of the session.

Unwilling to see anyone else today I try to lay in bed and get some much-needed rest.

I'll just have to get the key tomorrow.