Stay Awake

It's been a week and Finn's still gone.

I haven't slept, besides the 30 minutes I feel asleep in the shower and getting waken up to the smell of my flesh burning from my nightmare.

Yep, I can still remember it.

Phoenix said Finn had to go home for a family issue but everyone in the house keeps sending me sad looks whenever they think I don't notice.

Ummm, newsflash, I very much do.

I've been reading every night in the library waiting for him to come home, although its not so much of reading as it is overthinking but night after night he's still not here and I'm starting to get frustrated....and sad.

Some ache in my heart is convincing me he won't come back while my mind argues he will, and I don't know what to do.

I'm in the library again....reading, as if it's the only thing I can do and I can feel myself drifting off my whole body jerking awake every time to fight the sleep until eventually I know I can't continue like this or I'll be sucked into a world of nightmares.

I stand from the couch, putting my book back to its place on the shelf and going to my room. Changing into some workout gear and getting my key I quietly make my way out of the apartment and to the training buildings.

Gun simulator here I come.

Its not a permanent fix for my exhaustion but it will give me something to focus on for the time being and take my mind off of the 'what ifs' of where Finn may be.

I locate the room I want, lock the doors behind me, log into the computers, put on the suit, choose my guns, and we're off.

This ones not as difficult as the knife one, solely based of the fact I don't need to retrieve knifes whenever I need one but instead the 'bullets' from the gun are in the simulator, and just need to get reloaded with more fake bullets.

This one's fun, the story's set around infiltrating an office building.

Each floor is sort of a level in the game and you have to eliminate everyone else on the floor, besides the victims— the people in office attire. The targets all have face covering over them making it easier to differentiate whos a victim and whose not.

Well at least for me its easy.

The higher the level the more people, and the more challenging of opponents.

The point system is the same as the other simulator and overall I would say this one is more fun, considering I like the objective more.

I don't know how long has passed but I make it to level 428 before I take a break and check the time.

6:30

Shit

I've been in here for a long time but I'm happy about it, unfortunately its Saturday so I don't have school to distract me for the rest of the day, but I think Callie and I are going to be watching Beauty and the Beast and Snow white today, before the movie marathon and pizza starts.

I end the session where it is, gaining 10 extra points for not dying and another high score banner flies across the computer screen, once again setting the expectations high for future me, although I feel as if it won't be that hard to beat.

Putting everything back I walk out of the training center and back to the apartment, ready for a much-needed shower.

***

My showers cold

Its not usually but I think after I've been here for so long just staring at the tile as water moves over it I've adapted to the heat of the shower, making it feel a more lukewarm cold then a hot hot hot.

I really need some sleep

Maybe I should just try.

I don't know when Finns coming back or if he's coming back at all, and I can feel the effects that the lack of sleep has on my body.

Out of the shower I quickly change into some pajamas before I slide into bed, just in case I do get a nightmare, I don't want to have to change just because I sweat through my clothes.

I start drifting off and as I do I feel panic coming in, and as much as I grasp at the edges of my unconscious state trying to pull myself back to reality, I'm too far gone and soon enough I drift far off to sleep.