Chapter 17: The Little Pest

Monday, October 9

*12:30 PM/ Lunch*

Finally released from the hospital over the weekend, CJ returned to school. However, he'd now be forced to show up donning a face guard following facial reconstruction surgery. He now looks like this:

"I swear! I'm training for my comeback for whenever coach realizes how much they need me, and I just forgot to play a scrimmage with no helmet

"I swear! I'm training for my comeback for whenever coach realizes how much they need me, and I just forgot to play a scrimmage with no helmet. That's it!" CJ rambled on and kept running with this story.

"Riiiiight," CJ's former teammate, Terry, said, "and I'm supposed to believe just one hard hit from a scrimmage messed up your face instead of TEN direct punches."

"...That's not what happened. You see..." CJ kept talking for as long as he could trying to persuade his former teammate to not believe the info the school gossip was somehow able to receive.

In the background behind this conversation were Selina and Starla, both having a conversation of their own. A very weird conversation, especially coming from Starla...

"... that jacket was smooth, and his facial features are to die for, not to mention his hair..." Starla was saying whilst sounding like she's in heaven, "Girl, I'm telling you, love at first sight really does exist!"

"Riiight," her best friend confusingly says, "does he look like he's interested though?"

"No, and that's because he's playing hard to get," Starla concluded, "he's trying not to pay attention to me and I think I know why..."

"Why— oh hell no!" Selina quickly realized what's Starla's intentions, "I don't care about how much Marcie screwed us last month we are not doing this again."

"W-what the hell am I hearing from you?!?" Starla was genuinely shocked at Selina's response and she began laughing at her afterward, "What the fuck happened to you, Selina? Just because that sweet angel is with that nerd now you're suddenly chickening out of everything we've worked for?"

"OH MY GOD STOP IT WITH THAT SCHOOLGIRL CRUSH BULLSHIT, THAT SWEET ANGEL BRUTALIZED MY BOYFRIEND!!!!!" Selina yelled that part so loud, everybody around heard it, especially Terry. She accidentally exposed her boyfriend's lie, and CJ was right there finally being speechless.

In a good act of karma, now CJ is getting shitted on by the people who heard it. He didn't know what to do except use his athleticism to run away from the masses.

"The only reason that moment with CJ happened was because of Marcie. If it wasn't for her existence, he would be mine instantly. I'm not stopping, Selina, especially when she's in the way of something else this time," Starla declared.

"For the love of god... f-fine... but your quote on quote 'man' means everything he says. I've seen it first hand because I know he meant it when he told me and CJ to leave them alone. So let me tell you this as your one and only bestie, I'm done with Marcie, you're on your own with this one." Selina made that statement loud and clear as she then left to find CJ.