Chapter 35: The One I Want

Friday, March 23rd

10:00 PM

Angel was lying on his bed, holding something very familiar and special in his hand as he just looked at it. When he received a text from an unknown number, his first instinct was to delete it like any other spam texts before he read that "this is Zuli. Marcie gave me your number a few minutes ago." Briefly after seeing that, another message was sent, a video attachment.

After reading the text completely, he watched the video. He can see himself very hidden in the background, but more importantly, he finally saw how much of an idiot he was at this moment.

"Oh nah..."
"Shiiiiit!!!"
"She said no! She said no!"
"Watch her be the reason Teo plays like shit again."
"He can have me, what's his number? (🤤)"

The reactions from all the strangers backed up the point that Marcie rejected Teo in this video as if Teo's change in body language and expression mid-hug wasn't enough of a giveaway. This video just showed how everything that happened since Valentine's Day wouldn't have happened, if he didn't just walk out on the moment. If he just stuck around, he could've made his move on Marcie, there could've been a chance for them to be together, and he sure as hell wouldn't have broken her heart and gotten together with... a female who keeps trying to get in his pants instead of just getting high these days...

With this video, and Zuli's message prior, it's giving hope for Angel. The only question he can dwell on now, is when will he see Marcie again?

"Okay! I'm finally done with this stupid math homework. Now can we do something different?" Starla asked, sounding desperate.

Angel then forgot for a split second, in the middle of his moment of bliss, he had Starla over. With the way she's been talking as of lately, it's like she wants to take things to the next level. That's why he's been stalling by making her do her own homework.

"Ehh... It's too late, it might be time to send you home." Angel said, colder than usual.

"What?! But we heard your garage, your cousin is gone... your parents aren't home when I'm around... It's just you and me, honey..."

"Nah. I think I'm good for today, any day for the matter."

"Have you been sick, baby?"

"No? What are you talking about?"

"You're not acting right to me this week. You keep blanking out when I introduced you to one of my friends on Wednesday, you don't wanna talk every time I drive you to school and to your home, you've yet to take one hit— you don't want to do anything with me today until ALL of our homework is done and all you've been doing while waiting for me is staring at something that's in your hand. What the hell is that anyway?!"

"I've just had a lot on my mind these days, and why the fuck should you care?" Angel defended, literally when he sees Starla approaching.

"Why are you hiding it? Gimme that!" Starla demanded aggressively. Both were fighting over what Angel was holding until Starla was able to snatch it.

Starla was then looking confused as she looked at this, likely wondering what was so special about this necklace.

"What the fuck? What the hell kind of necklace is this? This of all things has suddenly made you so moody?" Starla was heavily critiquing this piece like she knew who made it for Angel.

"None of your business... give it back..." Angel said reaching for it.

Starla stepped back, asking more questions, "How so? Who made it? It sure as hell wasn't me, I'd have gotten you something from a real jewelry store, not this."