Nineteen

Both Austin and Dahlia groan. Gina's surprises are never good. They always involve people and fun stuff. It's Dahlia's personal hell. Gina ignores both their moaning and fishes out a weekend bag from under the bed. "We are going on holiday! It's just a little weekend away," she says as she starts packing her bag. "I can't go. I am working," Dahlia says but Gina shakes her head. "Nope. We work the same shifts and we are not working this weekend. Austin and I are your only friends and we are both going so...you are coming," Gina says.

"I am not friends with either of you," Dahlia
says. "That's because we are best friends," Austin says tapping her friendship bracelet and smirking. "Exactly!" Gina says with a giggle, "see, Austin gets it," she says. Austin lets out a laugh then lays down on his bed. "But I can't go though," he says picking up one of his guitars and strumming it slowly. "Oh...ok, just Dahlia and I," Gina says a little sadly. Dahlia can see guilt flash across Austin's face. No one likes a sad Gina so she gets it. She would also not like to watch the person she is in love with cozying up to someone else for a full weekend.

"I am not going too."

"But it will be so much fun, Dahlia!"

"Will there be people there?"

"Yes."

"Then it will not be fun."

Gina drops the shirt she had in her hands and grabs Dahlia by the shoulders. "Dahlia, please. This is going to be so much fun and although I get to meet new people it's you that I want to have these memories with...Austin too. Please. I don't want to go without you. Come on there might be some cute guys there that can help you with...you know what," Gina says. Austin stops strumming his guitar. "You know what, what?" he asks. "Nothing. Right, Gina?" Delilah says reaching for her weekend bag. "My lips are sealed," Gina giggles and goes back to packing.

"You going now?" Austin asks as Dahlia starts packing. Dahlia rolls her eyes and nods.  "Can I bring my guitar?" Austin asks standing up. Gina giggles and claps her hands while bouncing in delight. "Oh, yes! Of course, you can...this calls for a group hug," Gina says. "Fuck off," Dahlia says rummaging in her top drawer. But then she suddenly feels Austin's arms wrap around her waist and pull her into him. Gina wraps her arms around them both and purrs like a kitten on Dahlia's back. "Get off me, both of you before I lose my shit," Dahlia says. Gina giggles a little and Austin snorts, "Grumpy little stray stripper," he coos. Dahlia wriggles out of the hug and gives them both dirty looks then goes back to packing. She hates them both.

Twenty minutes later they are all packed and waiting on the sidewalk in front of the apartment building. Dahlia curses her life for the tenth time. "Hey!" Dahlia hears from behind her so she turns and sees 101 whizzing toward her on his bike with a huge cheezy smile. He stops in front of her. "Hey, where are you going so early on a Friday morning?" he asks. "None of your fucking business," Delilah hears Austin say quietly under his breath. He needs to calm down 101 is not interested in Gina.

"We are going on a super duper fun weekend with super duper fun people," Dahlia says not trying to hide her sarcasm. But it is lost on both Gina and 101 who get all excited and chatty about getting out of the city for three days. "I have not told them where we are going because knowing them both they will refuse to go even more than they already did!" Gina gushes. "Oooh, tell me in my ear," 101 says. Gina leans in and whispers something in his ear. 101 leans back and gasps. "Oh my! That's going to be so much fun! I am jealous," he says.

Both Austin and Dahlia snort and shake their heads. Gina and 101 are annoying. But, they do make a cute couple - Dahlia can see why having 101 around Gina freaks Austin out. A big black limo pulls up and Gina bounces up and down in delight. "That's our ride," she says. Austin grabs their bags and loads them into the trunk, "let's get going," he grumbles out, "before any more assholes get invited on this super duper fun weekend." What the fuck is his problem seriously?

"Get in," Austin says tugging on both Gina and Delilah's arms. "oh wait," 101 calls out as Dahlia gets into the limo behind Gina. Delilah turns back to look at 101 from inside the limo. "I got you a latte. I was hoping to have my morning coffee with you," he says taking a large takeaway cup from his front basket on his bicycle. Austin grunts and rolls his eyes. "She likes her coffee black," he says. 101's face drops and he looks a little sad. Dahlia looks at him, it annoys her that he has no backbone.

Gina elbows her on her side. "Say thank you and take it anyway, Dahlia," she whispers. Why does she have to mind other people's feeling all the time? "It's ok 101. I appreciate the sentiment. I haven't had a latte in years,  maybe I will enjoy it," Dahlia says. 101 beams and steps forward to give Dahlia the latte but Austin puts up his hand to stop him. "I will give it to her," he says. 101 smiles at Austin and hands him the latte. "Thank you, Austin. You are always so considerate," he says then looks at Dahlia. "I was actually going to ask you for dinner. Would you like to have dinner with me?"

Dahlia does not. She can think of nothing worse than going on a date with 101 or any other man. That's why she is fucking Austin. That's the only reason she is fucking Austin. Gina elbows her again. "Say yes," she hisses. Dahlia sighs. This is fucked up. "Ok. I will have dinner with you," she says. 101 beams again. Then they both turn as they hear Austin dropping the latte on the floor. "Sorry. Butterfingers," he deadpans. 101 looks a little worried and he should be with the angry glare Austin is giving him. "Oh, it's ok. I will clean it up, you guys better be on your way," 101 says. Austin shrugs and gets in the limo.

"Oh, Dahlia! I think you and 101 will make just the cutest couple! Don't you agree, Austin?" Gina gushes as they pull off. "Fucking fairytale," Austin grumbles and sinks into his chair.