Chapter 1

"I never thought I'd fall for someone like you"

"When you're with him do you think of me?"

Let's go back to the beginning, where it all started for Olivia. She was a normal, down to earth, young girl who worked as an assistant for a lawyer in a firm that was so broken, she hated every thing about it. She would watch clients come in with all hope, and very rarely saw someone win their case.

It started off as a normal work day, but to her surprise got invited to attend a court case with her boss, which never happened, as he was so far up his own arse, he didn't care about anyone else.

They attended court, and she was instructed to wait outside the room until she was needed. She was handed notes, details on the case, sat with the client who needed just a kind word of reassurance that they were going to win, even though she knew it wasn't possible, she would try to make them feel better.

When she finally had free time, she decided to grab a coffee and that's when she caught the eye of an interesting man.

As she turned away from the counter with her freshly made coffee, as clumsy as she is, she bumped into someone, and the coffee went fell onto the floor, soaking the man's shoes.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry!"

"It's fine, just a little hot, but it's fine.." the man tells her as he grabs some napkins off the counter.. "luckily it's just my shoes, and not my freshly clean shirt!"

The man sure had something about him, but she didn't know what it was.

"Please, let me buy you another coffee" the man offers, but she's quick to shake her head and politely decline.

"I have to go, my boss will be up my ass if I'm late, sorry again.."

And then he's left watching her disappear into the distance, his lips curving into a smile.

Later, her boss advises she's finally allowed inside the courtroom, as takes her seat in the gallery, two eyes immediately fall on her from across the way.

The familiar look of the man she met earlier was watching her

The familiar look of the man she met earlier was watching her. The same smile formed on his face.

As the court case came to a close, the room started to empty. She was waiting for her boss to finish with the client before she was allowed to leave. As she sat awkwardly on her own, the man saw his opportunity and sat down beside her.

"Hey.. no coffee to spill this time?"

"Oh god..  please I'm so sorry.." she blushes, embarrassed at the thought of it.