Chapter 31

Hank swallowed hard, closing his eyes briefly before he began to lean in again, his lips gently brushed against hers, waiting for her to accept it, waiting for her to kiss him back.

He waited..and waited.. until..

Olivia sat on the couch in Tony's office, he was busy talking with Pepper about the upcoming work meetings.. that he was so desperately trying to get out of.

"D.C at the end of the week..and then back to New York.. it's only a few days Tony.." she overheard Pepper say to him..

"Can't we cancel them.. tell them I'm busy this week?"

"Tony.. I've rearranged them twice now.. we really need to attend these to get the business done..I promise I won't ask anything else.."

"Ugh.. fine.." he grumbled, which Olivia couldn't help but smirk at, only to his annoyance.."What?"

"You.. not wanting to work.."

"I just.. don't want to leave you.."

"I'm a big girl.. besides I'm due back to work tomorrow.. I'll be fine.."

"I know but.."

"You'll be so busy, you won't even miss me.. right..Miss Potts?" She glanced up to his assistant who is still stood beside him at his desk..

"For sure.. I've got plenty to keep him busy.."

"Oh.. Pep.. don't say things like that.. you know how I get.."

"Get your head out of the gutter.. it's all work related.. .." his assistant said calmly not reacting to Tony's choice of words.. "Anyway...you've got another meeting in 30 minutes.. I can have a car take Olivia home if that's ok.."

"I thought I was free today?"

"I only put this meeting in your diary late this morning, it was urgent apparently.."

"You can wait here if you like.." Tony diverted his attention to Olivia.. "It's up to you.."

"I probably should go home, I need to sort a few things anyway for work so.."

Tony nodded and stood up from his chair, making his way over to the couch, he sat down beside her, leaning in to place a kiss on her lips..

"I'll call you.." he whispered in her ear before placing a kiss on her neck, his hand resting on her thigh.

"There's a car outside waiting for you.." Pepper interrupted.

"You better.." she smiled at him before standing up.. "I'll see you both later.."

One last kiss with Tony before she disappeared out of his office leaving the pair alone. Making her way down to the car that was waiting for her, she took out her phone to see another text from Hank had came through, she sighed but this time she ignored it, putting it away.

When she arrived home, she was far from surprised to see a familiar figure stood waiting for her..

"Well I didn't expect to see you here.." Olivia said sarcastically as she searched through her bag for her keys..