Chapter 51

"The truth? What truth? What on earth are you talking about?" Tony looked over to Christine who stood on the other side of his desk.. she had a weird look on her face, a one Tony couldn't read at all.

"I need to tell you the truth about us.." Christine said softly to him.. "Please?"

"Right.. what about it? What about.. us.."

"Oh.. is this your son?" Christine asks by changing the conversation quickly as she glances down to the baby in his arms.. "He's adorable, he looks just like you.."

"Yeah..he is.." Tony looks down to Joseph who sweetly looks back up to him.. "Give me a second will you?"

"Sure.." she said with a small smile.

"Come on buddy, let's go see Aunt Pep.." Tony stood quickly, and rushed out of his office.. looking for Pepper, who he soon found to be sat in her own office, her head in a whole lot of paperwork, he did feel a little bad for it, she clearly looked very busy.. but for some strange reason he didn't want Joseph to be in the room with Christine.. at all..

"Pep!" He calls overs to his assistant who looks up to see Tony rushing over to him.. "Hey! Sorry to ask.. I know your busy.. and I'll make it up to you.but could you.. just look after him for a moment?"

"What? Why?" Pepper looked over to him, very confused as Tony's request. She was thinking this was his time to spend with his son.. not have her watch over him. 

"You know that story.. in the news.. well that very same girl is here to see me..she's in my office.. and well.. I don't feel comfortable with Joseph being there.. I know he doesn't understand but still.."

"Oh! Um.. I guess so.. not that I have other things I could be doing.. pass him here.." Pepper holds out her arms to take Joseph..

"Thank you.. you really are the best assistant anyone could ever ask for.. I owe you!!" Tony passes him over to her and quickly leaves her office, returning back to his own.

"So.." Tony closes the door behind him, making his way over to the bar.. "Drink?" He offers which Christine declines... "I feel like I'm gonna need one..or three depending how this next few minutes go.."

"No.. thank you..I'm fine.."

"Well.. what is it you need to talk to me about?" Tony quickly takes a sip of his drink.. "You know I shouldn't really be talking to you considering what has happened in these last few weeks, at the hands of you.. should I?.."

"I know and probably not.. no.."

"But here you are.. in my office..wanting to talk.." Tony walks over to where she is stood.. "So come on.. what do you want?"

"Well.. it's kinda awkward to say..I don't really know where to start.." She blushes.. but Tony isn't phased.. he just takes another sip of his drink.. "I just.. I can't lie anymore.. not to you.. or to myself..it's not fair.."

"Lie? About what?"

"Everything.. the photos.. that night..

"Oh! The ones of us having sex that you shared?" Tony smirks.. "Forgive me.. but I wish I could remember..

"No.. you wouldn't remember.."

"I was drunk.. I was in a bad place.. I'm sorry.." Tony admits.. catching Christine off guard..

"Why are you sorry?"

"Because I was drunk, and I don't remember at all what happened.. if I wasn't so drunk, I wouldn't have fell so easily back to my old tricks..

"Tony.. I.."

"Nothing against you, you're stunning.. but my heart only belongs to her.. and I was such an idiot for messing it up.."