Chapter 44

Hank looked at the photos he had saved of Tony and Christine.. they were ready to be sent to every news article across the world.. but something was stopping him from doing it.. something in his heart was telling him it was the wrong thing to do.. and that was Olivia.

He wanted her to be his, of course, but he didn't want to hurt her, hurting her was the last thing he wanted. How could he be sure if making Tony and Olivia break up, it would make her come running to his arms.. he had to continue getting under her skin, twisting her mind because deep down it's what she really wants, even if she won't admit it, Hank knew it was him Olivia wanted.

Making sure the photos and emails were saved in his drafts, he closed his computer down, and spun around in his office chair to look out of the window. His mind played over many scenarios of how he could get to Olivia.. he just didn't know what was even possible, she wouldn't return his messages, or his calls. He didn't even know if she still had the key, or if she ever intended on using it.. it was beginning to drive him insane.

"There's got to be a way.. a different way.." He whispered to himself as he ran a hand through his hair..

"How was your weekend away?" Olivia's friend asks.

"Not bad, it was a nice to get away for a few days, and my mom loved meeting this little one.." Olivia glanced down to Joseph who looked back at her with his big brown eyes whilst making cute baby noises.

"That's good isn't it?"

"Yeah, but she is just too much sometimes, you know.. and she literally didn't put him down, and then I get the whole 'where's Tony' bullshit just because he didn't come with us, so now she thinks we're going through a tough time.."

"But you're not, so don't let it get to you.."

"Its just hard to listen to, especially when I get it for the full weekend though, I swear I'm so glad to be home.."

"I can't get over how cute he is.." her friend took the baby's hand, grinning at him.

"Definitely doesn't take after Mom then.."

"I wouldn't say that, he's definitely got some of your features.."

"What?!" Olivia smirked.. "He's the copy of Tony, the hair, the eyes, even the smile when he needs a burp.."

"I was just trying to make you feel better.."

"Thanks.." she offered a smile at her friend who still cooed over baby Joseph.. it was clear how much she adored him. As the girls sat having a catch up with a coffee, Olivia couldn't help but keep an eye on her phone..

"You alright?"

"Yeah.." she sighed, putting her phone back in her pocket.

"You've checked that about 12 times since the waitress brought these over" her friend nodded to the drinks.. "and that was only 5 minutes ago.." 

"Sorry, just waiting for a message.." 

"You said he was busy in meetings all day, so you know.. he won't be on his phone.."

"What? He's not in me.." she stopped herself quickly as she thought about someone else, but soon remembered her friend was talking about Tony... "Yeah.. I just.. I miss him when he's at work.. that's all.."

"Mhm.. course you do.. he's Tony Stark.."

"Exactly, and when he's not here, he's a miss.."

"It's good to see you settle down, putting a stop to the games, you deserve this, a family.."

"You think? Sometimes I feel like karma is just waiting around the corner.."

"Karma for what?"

"For I've been these last few years, not staying with one man, not settling down with the right man.."