Chapter 22

It was soon morning, Olivia was waking up to the sun beaming through the windows.. when she opened her eyes, she was met by the emptiness of the bed.. she looked around the room..

"Tony?" No sign of him.. but the balcony door was open..and she could hear him talking..

"It's not my fault! How was I supposed to know?"

When Olivia got out of bed, and approached the balcony, Tony was pacing back and forth, only his boxer shorts..

"Just sort it out! I don't have time to deal with that.." he hung up the phone, and turned around to be greeted by her.

"Oh.. good morning!" He said with a smile.

"You ok?" She asked.

"Yeah.. fine.. all good.."

"You don't sound it.." She could tell something was wrong, Tony sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Sorry, just had an earful off Pepper..here.."

He handed her his phone, and on it were photos.. of the two of them.. on the balcony of the hotel room?

"Yeah.. I guess they can even get some shots up here.."

The photos, as she swiped through them, were of them hugging, nothing too bad, but also the ones from the party still circled the internet.. the kiss to the cheek.. she was being branded as the new Stark Girl..and questions of how long will it last.

"I don't worry about headlines, but when they target you.. it makes me angry.."

"It's fine..so un.. about last night.."

"Yeah?" Tony ran a hand over his chest, slightly worried about what was going to happen in the next few minutes.

"I think.. I'm going going to go away..you know just to clear my head..my friends wedding is coming up and I haven't given it a single thought for weeks.."

"Oh.. right.."

"Is that ok?"

"You don't need to ask me for permission.. it's not like we're.. together.."

"No.. but.. Tony where do we go from here?"

"Um.. shopping? Like we agreed?" She let out a small laugh, before turning serious again.

"No.. I mean.. a lot happened last night.. a lot was said.."

"I know.."

"You've been so wonderful, and I appreciate everything.." she stepped closer to him and placed a kiss on his lips. She was certain it would have been snapped by reporters but she didn't care. His hands dropped down to her waist, and squeezed a little, as he kissed her back, he slipped in his tongue, and they stood making out for a good few minutes..

"Did you mean what you said?" He whispered when they broke away for air..

"What?"

"I heard what you said on the phone..to your friend.. I.. "

"You heard it? Oh god.."

"Yeah.. so is it true?"

"Which part?" She asked, like she didn't know.. she just wanted him to confirm..

"Do you love me?"

"Tony.." she glanced up to meet his eyes, they waited for an answer, she sighed, and gave a small nod.. "Yes.. Yes I think so.."