Chapter 25

"Are you going to cheer up? Your best friend is getting married tomorrow.."

"I'm fine why does everyone keep saying to cheer up!" Olivia argues.

"You're my daughter, I think I can tell when you're not ok.. but you have been in a mood since we got here.. you're supposed to be excited for your friend.. and all you've done is sulk.."

"Well sorry.. I'll try to put a brave face on.."

"I know you're upset over this boyfriend of yours but.. come on.. messing around with a billionaire was always going to end in tears.."

"Can we not?"

"Maybe if you talked to me, instead of letting me find out by the online gossip column I read on my lunch break, you wouldn't be in this mess.." 

"Because I'm going to discuss who I'm having sex with, with my mom!" Olivia grumbles.

"See, this is what I mean.. moody.."

"You know I can ask them to remove you from the wedding?"

"She wouldn't.. she's been your best friend since school.. so she's like another daughter to me.." her Mom teases.. but Olivia is still sulking.

"Has she cheered up yet?" Her friend is now walking towards them with drinks in hand.

"Nope.. she's still grieving over Stark.."

"I am no.." Olivia tries to defend before her friend cut in.

"Great.. just what we needed on the night before my wedding..here.. maybe this will cheer you up.." She hands a glass to Olivia, with a slight smirk.

"Yeah..I'm not getting drunk and being hungover tomorrow.."

"Relax it's only a few glasses of wine.."

Whilst her friends, we're enjoying themselves Olivia couldn't resist looking over the news reports for anything on Tony. She hadn't heard anything from Hank after she sent him a message to say she was at a wedding for the weekend, but he didn't respond, even though he wanted to finish what they started in his office.

The news headlines had Tony at at a casino after she told him it was over.. but no photos of him leaving with a woman had surfaced. She felt a relief, even though it was her decision to move on, if she saw him with another woman it would be difficult.

"You know you can just call him.." she heard a voice from behind, so she quickly closed her phone and placed it down on the table.

"It's finished.. done.. he'll probably be with someone right now.. so.."

"You're stalking him online so it's far from done..you'll regret it if you don't do something now because deep down you know you don't want him to find someone else.."

"He stopped calling the next day, so yeah maybe he's moved on.."

"Or maybe he's waiting for you come to your senses.. either way you'll never know until you call him.."

Her friend sighed and sat down next to Olivia..

"Just between me and you.. what actually happened?.."

"I couldn't handle the guilt anymore.. I nearly had sex with Hank again in his office even though he's still very much married.." 

"Ok.. and?"

"And.. I didn't want to hurt Tony.. he told me he loved me.. and then I go and have sex with Hank?"

"Olivia.. you said nearly.. so technically you didn't.."