Chapter 46

Hank felt numb, he couldn't move, he felt like a black hole would open up and swallow him there and then, as he watched the two disappearing out of sight. He stood for a moment staring in the direction of where they had walked, without even realising that Christine began to run a hand down his chest in an attempt to seduce him further, as she placed a kiss on his neck, totally unaware that Hank had zero interest in her, and her intentions of getting a night of sex out of it.

"Soo.. what do you say Mr Palmer.. why don't we get out of here and make the most of the night we have left?" She whispered in his ear, another attempt to flirt with him, but he didn't hear her at all.. "Hank? What's wrong?" She asked when she noticed his blank stare.

"You need to go home.." he spoke softly, without looking at her, avoiding her eyes as he carried on looking in the direction of the way Olivia left.

"Yeah.. with you.. come on Mr Palmer.. don't spoil a good night.." she leaned in to kiss him again but he just stepped away with a heavy sigh, leaving her confused.

"No.." his anger starting to build.. "I need you to post those photos online tonight.."

"Me?! I can't! Stark.. he'll ruin my life if I do that.."

"Fucking Stark.. he'll have no idea what's about to hit him.."

"I can't do it.." she shook her head, feeling regret that she had any involvement in this.

"You will do it, otherwise that next payment.. I can promise you.. you won't reach your account.."

"But I can't.." Christine tried but Hank was in no mood to play games.

"It was our deal, you want him. I want Olivia.. and this doesn't happen until you post those fucking photos!" The anger in his voice was clear, as he spoke with a sharp tone.

"But how can you be sure that's how it'll even work? They could just forgive and forget! I saw them tonight, and they seem to be pretty strong to me..even you can't deny that.."

"It's based on a fucking lie.. and no, you can't back out now.. we made a deal.. no photos, no money..no stark.." Hank said firmly, now staring at Christine with a strong glare.. "You said you saw them tonight, but did you really? Acting all cosy when deep down it's not what either of them want?!"

"You're actually pretty insane do you that?"

"I'll take it, because people do weird things for the ones they love..just fucking do it Christine.. and I'll have the payment sent over to you straight away...."

"Fine.. they'll be online within the hour.. and I hope for your weird obsessed mind.. this actually works.."

"It will.. she'll come running back to me, and Tony will be yours.."

"You better hope so Palmer.." Christine turned on her heels, and walked away, Hank could only watch, before he made his way back over to the bar. He took out his phone and sent Olivia another message..

HP- I'm sorry, I told you it meant nothing.. so please give me another chance.

But to his annoyance, a reply never came, Olivia had switched her phone off, and now he knew the photos were his only chance, he had to break them up by going to press.. but his only way to share the photos without Olivia blaming him, was through Christine. He waited at the bar, on his own, drink after drink. Waiting for the photos to be shared.

Olivia was so totally unaware of what was about to happen online that would totally mess up her perfect little world, as she lay with Tony on the hotel bed, looking up at the hotel ceiling as the sound of their heavy breathing echoed across the room.