Chapter 50

"I guess.. we have a lot to talk about huh?

"Indeed we do.."

Tony swallowed hard, as he glanced over to Olivia, she looked anxious and scared. He was fighting the thoughts of just going over and holding her in his arms.

"So..how has he been? Has he been ok?" Tony quickly asked.. trying to make small talk first..

"Yeah.. he hasn't been too bad.. I think he misses you though.. he's been crying a little more than usual at night time.. because you would sometimes rock him to sleep..I guess he just missed your touch.."

"Oh buddy.. I am so sorry.." he whispers down to his son, giving him another kiss to his head.. as he reaches for the toy Tony has in his hand.. "But look who I found.. it's bunny.." he lets the tot have it as he grips it with his small hands..

"-Or maybe it was because he misses his bunny.. I don't know.." Olivia lets out a small laugh.

"Maybe.." Tony says as he looks over to her.. he can't help but.. notice her, the way she looks, from the outfit, to her laugh. She is perfect. He admires the way she looks, knowing she looks a lot better than he does.. "So.. um.. how are you?"

"I'm doing ok.. I guess.. this little man keeps me busy.. even if it's hard doing it on your own.."

"I'm sorry.. I'll do better.. I promise.."

"I just want you to be in his life Tony.. he needs you, just as much as he needs me.."

"I know..I swear to you, I'm going to be here, whenever you need me to look after him or if you just need a break.."

"I'd like that.." Olivia smiles.. "So how have you been? Truthfully?" She asks, noticing he doesn't look great..  

"If I'm honest.. not good.. I never knew how much I would miss you both.."

His words stung Olivia's heart. Why couldn't he just see past this, and move on with her.. as a family. The two of them being as stubborn as each other, not admitting to their true feelings. No matter how much Olivia wanted to tell him, she couldn't bring herself to admit what she's done.. she had a strange, sudden feeling in her stomach that Tony would be as forgiving as her. She was very doubtful that if she had admitted her faults, he wouldn't take her back.. so she stayed quiet, she decided to keep that one close to her chest.

"Why don't you both stay here tonight?" Tony suggests.. as he picks Joseph up and places him gently over his shoulder, patting the boys back for comfort.. "Nothing weird.. just.. I'd like to have him tonight.. and well you're more than welcome to stay too.."

"Tony.. I don't think.."

"Please?" Tony pleads.. "Just one night..you can have the spare room.. and at least Joseph will be in his own room and not strange one.."

"I don't know if that's a good idea..we are just.." Olivia tries but Tony is insisting..

"Like you said.. he needs me just as much as he needs you.. you need to be there for him.."

"Ok...I'll stay just tonight..but then you've got to have him on your own..I won't be there forever.."

"I will.. I promise.."