Chapter 37

He got out of the car and made his way inside, determined to find the answers he was searching for. Determined to find out if this baby Olivia spoke about is hers, and also if the baby is a Palmer or a Stark.

"Hi.. I'm here to see Mr Stark.." he greeted the young woman behind the front desk.

"Sorry Sir, Mr Stark isn't seeing anyone today.."

"I'm his lawyer.. I'm sure he'll have the time.." Hank offered a smile but the young girl wasn't moved.

"Sorry you'll have to come back another time.."

"I need to see him.." Hank said again.. but the girl still refused.

"He's not in today, come back another time or set up an official meeting." This only left Hank even more frustrated.. until he saw Tony's glamorous assistant arriving.

"Ah! Miss Potts!"

"Mr Palmer? What are you doing here.."

"I need to talk to you.. privately.."

"I'm sorry.. I.. don't have.." Pepper tried.

"Please.. it's.." Hank looked at the young girl behind the front desk who now paid more attention to their conversation.. "It's important.. just 5 minutes of your time.."

Pepper could see the desperation on his face and agreed. The pair made their way to Pepper's office.

"Can I get you a coffee?" Pepper kindly offered but Hank refused.

"No..thank you.."

"So what's this all about? Tony.. I mean Mr Stark dropped the case, he wasn't going ahead with the.."

"I know.." Hank cut her off.. "I'm not here because of the case.."

"Then why are you.."

"It's gonna sound so crazy.. but if Tony has any idea, I'm sure he'll have told you.." Hank started as he really didn't know how to explain it, Pepper only listened with confusion.. "Olivia.. Tony's.. um..girlfriend.. she's pregnant.."

"What?"

"Is she pregnant?"

"I uh.. I don't think that's any of our.."

"Miss Potts, please.. if Olivia is pregnant, then I need to know.."

"Why? Like I tried to say, it's not our business.."

"But it is mine!" Hank's voice got louder.. just as the door to Pepper's office opened. The pair turned to see Tony entering, followed loosely with him was Olivia.. who's eyes quickly landed on her second lover.

"What's going on here?" Tony said sharply as he looked between Pepper and Hank. Hank could only let his eyes glance over to Olivia.. who now stood next to Tony.

"Mr Palmer was just leaving.." Pepper spoke softly, raising her hand to the door for Hank to leave.

"What is he even doing here? I dropped the case so you have no right.. unless.. you.." he looked at his assistant.. putting 2 + 2 together but making 5.. "First Olivia.. then my assistant?!" Tony accused.