Chapter 18

"Is everything set for the charity night?" Tony asked Pepper one morning in his office that week.

"Yeah.." She looked at him with a frown .. "Why are you suddenly taking an interest?"

"Uh.. because it's a Stark event? And I'm a Stark?"

"I get that..but this happens every year.. and you just normally turn up.."

"Well.. this year it's different, I want to know what's happening and who's on the guest list.."

"You've added a few to the guest list, I noticed.. and what's the deal with the stylist? You never make your own appointments with her.."

Tony knew he had to intervene to get Olivia a dress, Pepper would never agree if he asked her to sort it, so he had to do it himself.

"I'm going there this afternoon, Happy is driving me.."

"You know I can't come with you right? I have meetings booked.."

"I know.. that's why I asked Happy to take me.."

"And why have you invited the lawyer?" Pepper asked as she read through the guest list.. ".. and someone named Olivia?"

"Because I can.. although.. Hank hasn't accepted yet.. so not sure if he is coming.."

"I don't even want to know what's going on in your head.. but I'm sure I'll find out, even if I don't like it.. I've got to go.. I'll speak to you later.." Pepper left his office, and Tony was looking through the guest list, smirking to himself.

TS- all set for tonight?

Olivia- yep, although I still don't want you to buy me a dress.

TS- tough, it's happening sweetheart :-)

Olivia was sat at her desk, smiling away to her phone as she text Tony. She didn't want any expensive gifts from Tony.

"Do I need to have a word with this friend of mine?"

Olivia nearly dropped her phone as Scotts voice interrupted her. She looked over at him sat at his own desk smirking back at her.

"Sorry.."

"If he's distracting you at work.."

"No.. sorry I'm good.." she quickly put her phone away, but Scott only gave her a questionable look.

"So.. you and Hank? What's the deal?"

"What?"

"Hank.. he's asking me about you.. all the time.. so what's the deal?"

"There isn't one..we're just.. "

"Friends?" Scott finished the sentence for her and she shot him a glare.. "So if you're just friends, who's got you smiling like that?"

"It's no one.."

"Rightttt.. so I can tell Hank you're free to go for lunch?" Scott stood up from his desk and looked out the window.. "Or.. you can tell him yourself.."

"Wait.. what?" Olivia questioned and so sooner did the buzzer go. Scott went to answer it before Olivia got the chance to stand up. A few moments later, Scott returned, and then her eyes fell on the person that followed him... Hank.

"I'll leave you guys to it.." Scott said with an awkward laugh as he looked between them, before leaving them alone in the office.

"Hi.." Hank spoke softly

"Hey..what are you doing here?" She walked over to him and greeted him with a hug..taking in his familiar scent, she didn't realise how much she's missed it.