Chapter 26

"You think?"

"Babe.. I know.."

"And how would you know?"

"I just.. do.. and I know a lot of things.." Tony smiled.. "But I promise, one day you'll have all this.." Tony could feel his heart beating faster, just thinking of her getting married. Whether it be with him or someone else, he wanted her to be happy.

"I wish I could believe you.."

"You need to believe me.. you just need to remember that when it happens..it was me that told you it would.." he said with a smirk..

"Oh god.. that ego.."

"You know it.." he winked at Olivia.. just as the music stopped..

"Photo! Of the happy couple?!" The wedding photographer interrupted them.. "Stand together..Sir put your arm around her waist.." the man urged Tony.

"Oh.. um.. sure.." Tony mumbled, resting his arm around Olivia's waist.. holding her close.

"There we go! Big smiles! Absolutely stunning the two of you! Thank you!" The man snaps away at them.. changing position to get good shots of them.

"They'll be online by tonight.." Tony whispered in her ear, making her laugh.. and they hear the camera get that shot..

"That was perfect! Oh my.. that last shot.. you're a lucky woman.." he told Olivia..

"That.. I am.." she smiled in return to the photographer.

"You are?" Tony looked at her with a grin.. "how are you lucky?"

"Because.. look at all these people here.. dancing, laughing together.. and look who I am with.."

"Oh? He must be a lucky guy if he's with you.."

"You know, I'm real sorry for how I treated you the other day.. I didn't want to hurt you.."

"Babe.. you haven't hurt me.. I'm Tony Stark.. I've been through worse things than a phone call like that.. besides.. I knew deep down you didn't want to say goodbye.. I just.. had to be patient.."

"But Tony I.."

"Ah! Not buts.. we're having a nice time.. just forget you ever made that call.."

But Olivia couldn't, the more she looked at Tony in this moment, the way his eyes shine under the lights on the dance floor.. the stronger she felt, and the stronger she felt for him, the guilt of kissing Hank in his office overwhelmed her. She needed to tell Tony the truth..she owed him that at least.

"I think I need another drink! Want one?" Olivia offered as she moved away from Tony's grasp.

"Uh.. sure yeah.. why not.." Tony watched as she started to talk away..

As Olivia was at the bar, Tony was approached by her best friend.

"Hey.. Stark.." her friend said as she stood next to him, looking in Olivia's direction.

"Oh hey.." Tony smiled at her but soon turned his attention back to Olivia..

"I know what she means to you.. that's why I invited you here.. she was so miserable.. and I thought the only way to get her to cheer up was bring you here.."

"Thanks.. I uh.. appreciate it.."

"I will be honest with you Stark.. I'm not your biggest fan.. and I will ruin you if you ever hurt her.. but I can see you really do care for her.. so please..just.. treat her right.. be there for her.. don't walk away whatever happens.."