32

"You know if Higgins catches you smoking that he'll have you arrested"I hear an unfamiliar voice speak

I hear an unfamiliar voice speak. Normally I wouldn't light up a joint in the school parking lot or let alone in front of Nancy's car but I've been waiting out here for almost 20 minutes so you could say I found myself a way to stay entertained.

I let out a dry chuckle finding that sentimental ironic.
"I'd love to watch him try"

I finally look at the person who clearly has no idea who I am and I find myself feeling like the wind has been knocked out of my chest.
Blue eyes

He smirks and laughs a little, he pulls his hand out of his Jean pocket and extents it out to me.

"I'm Billy and I'd love to know who you are"
I look down at his hand, subconsciously comparing it to Eddie's.

"I'm Bexley"
I say placing my much smaller hand into his very large one.
Eddie's are softer.

"Bexley"
He hums to himself.
"I definitely would've remembered you last year"
Still holding my hand he brings in up his lips and places a kiss on top of it. This action leaving a faint tint to my cheeks that he definitely noticed.

"And if I went to this school last year I probably would have ignored you"
I say playfully but a bit of truth behind my words. From the moment I saw him I knew everything I needed to know. I know his type, a player. He was attractive and he knew it, a dangerous combination. One I've had a bad past with.

"Ouch, you wound me darlin"
He says clutching his heart like I pulled it out of his chest. I roll my eyes and look toward the school door once again.

"You're gonna be waiting awhile"
His words making me look at him confused not knowing what he is talking about.

"It's Tuesday, from what I remember Nancy does writing for the paper and Robin has band practice"
I look at him sideways. Finding it weird he knows their schedules. And even worse that he knows and I forgot.

"Nancy always came around during our basketball practices to interview us and we would hear the band down they hall"
He says noticing my skepticism. I only nod finding it an acceptable answer.

"Fuck I forgot"
I say even though I went through this last week and pissed off Hopper when I had to call him to come and get me, which he did but he didn't hold back on complaining the whole way home and telling me he wasn't doing this again. And by now I've missed the bus so I'm fucked. If it wasn't so awkward with Eddie I'd go find him to take me home but right now I'd rather walk then endure whatever small talk we'd end up having.
Both of us to scared to face our feelings.