25

InterruptedMy peaceful sleep was interrupted by the sound of floor boards creaking softly as someone pranced around

Interrupted
My peaceful sleep was interrupted by the sound of floor boards creaking softly as someone pranced around. Slowly opening my eyes I take in the sight in front of me. From my position in the bed I lay sideways facing the closet door which Eddie stands inside of. With his naked back toward me I lower my gaze down the rest of him. Black boxer shorts hang on his lower half. His legs are the palest part of his body. Which leads me to believe he never wears anything else. I notice multiple moles all over and a couple small tattoos I can only get a glimpse of whenever the front of his thighs turn slightly towards me. Muttering to himself he holds 2 different pairs of dark pants. No noticeable difference between the two and yet the boy seems to have trouble deciding on which to pick. A tired chuckle leaves my lips causing Eddie to hastily whip around. Now knowing he has been caught he holds the clothes up so I can see them better. Red creeps up his face the boy clearly embarrassed but recovering quickly.

"Which one?"
A contemplative look in his eye.

"Eddie, they're literally the same"
I say with a rasp in my voice. Sitting up I rub my eyes, hoping to rid them of their sleepiness. Eddie huffs annoyed but turns around and pulls on one of the black pants he held. He then picks out a black shirt to match, with a band logo I recognize. Iron Maiden.
Before I can stand up he picks out another dark shirt and throws it at me, hitting me in the face.
The scowl on my face does nothing to phase the smile on his.

"Get dressed"

"Why" I question, looking over my shoulder the time on the clock reads 7:15 am. I still have a few hours before I'm expected to be home.

"We're going out for breakfast"
He states walking out of the room and closing the door without giving me time to protest. My palms start to sweat. Is this a date?
No. It can't be. It's just breakfast right? I mean Jesus I just slept in his bed and yet I'm getting nervous about getting a meal with the boy. It's just a meal. Just 2.......friends? I honestly have no idea what we are. But after spending so much time together lately we have to be something. Classmates? Acquaintances?
None of those titles fit right. Not after yesterday, not after what he shared with me. It feels like more. And that terrifies me. I don't know how he does it. But he simply won't allow me to keep him at arms length. The more I try and push him away the more he just keeps coming back.
So stop.

The thought creeps in my head. You've already decided to let Nancy and Robin be your friends, why not Eddie?
Maybe because I'm afraid if I let him in I'll never be able to let him go. And at the end of the school year I'll have to go. It won't be safe anymore. And I know Eddie would be hurt. I know the girls will be hurt. But they are tough. They will eventually get over it. But I don't think Eddie would. I don't think I would either. But constantly keeping him at an arms length is exhausting. I can't do it anymore. I need one less thing to be stressed about. So I'll keep him at a wrist length away. That will work.
Right?