84. Business Trip

Sirius hates business trips abroad. His exact reaction to his secretary informing him of a meeting in Bangkok was a loud groan. It was so guttural, the whole office heard and wished their condolences to whoever Sirius was seeing in Bangkok.

The thought of being stuck in stiff suits all day long and talking constantly about work in such a beautiful place made him feel like a fish in an aquarium. Most importantly, Remus wasn't with him.

And don't think he didn't try.

"Remus John Lupin, if you don't go with me on this trip, I'm telling on you to Hope."

Remus seemed unimpressed.  "Really ? Black mailing me?"

Unfortunately, Remus is unmoving. He says it's good for Sirius to focus on work and have some time alone. Afterall, individuality is important even in a relationship. The trip was only for 2 weeks.

"It'll fly by quickly." Remus kisses his forehead, hugging him one last time before he hops on board. "C'mon now stop moping."

Sirius was so close to faking a heart attack to cancel his trip.

***

The 2 weeks zipped past, just as Remus said. Sirius came back with a tan and a cabin full of souvenirs. All he needs to do now was unlock the front door.

It's 2 in the morning so Sirius didn't expect Remus to be up. In fact, a few years down their marriage, they've gotten used to the business trips and just waited for each other at home.

Sirius clutches his chest the second he opens the door. Remus was standing behind it.

"Fuck's sake Moony ! You scared me !"

"I heard your keys jingling." Remus pulls him by the waist, kissing up his neck. "I missed you."

Sirius meekly pushes him away. "Remus ! We're still outside."

"It's 2AM and I don't care. Now let your husband kiss you."

Remus' fingers held his chin from glancing around to the other apartment doors. Sirius lets him of course. His dramatic self misses Remus too. Maybe even more.

"Okay big boy, we need to get inside." Sirius chuckles between kisses.

Begrudgingly, Remus lets him actually step inside. He helps with the luggage, shoving the multiple suitcases to make them slide on their own.

Sirius could finally sigh a relief. He shucks his suit jacket off, turning around to ask Remus how his week went. Instead of doing much talking, his lips gets occupied again.

"Remus-"

"Shut up."

Sirius giggles. Who knew calm and collected Professor Lupin could get this needy ? Remus brushes Sirius' hair out of his face as he kisses, gently supporting his neck from behind while it's tilted.

After turning Sirius' lips into a rosy red shade, Remus moves around his face. Pressing tiny kissed all over his flustered cheeks.

"I missed you." Remus whispers as he goes.

"I could tell." Sirius smiles, cupping Remus' face.

He leans in to kiss his prince charming. The hands holding his waist loosen, he could feel Remus' shoulders relax from the pent up tense-ness it had moments ago.

"We can't do anythint tonight though. I'm really tired." Sirius says.

His husband instantly shakes his head. "No ! No I'm not initiating anything. I just.. I really.. I missed you, that's all." 

Sirius gives him a puzzled look. Really ? It's not Remus at all to be this clingy. It's not like Sirius hadn't been to longer business trips anyways.

"Any reason why that is ?" Sirius' tone was cautious, genuinely showing his curiosity.

Remus furriws his eyebrows. "Am I not allowed to miss my husband ? Why is me missing you so weird ? I just love you damn !"

Sirius snorts, hiding his face in Remus' chest. The other doesn't stop ranting. He rambles on about how the nights are boring without Sirius to talk to. How the apartment was so empty when he gets home and Sirius wasn't there.

"It's just that... you don't usually.. y'know.." Sirius kisses his cheek. "Not that I'm complaining. You just don't usually... go all golden retriever on me like this."

Remus looks away, not wanting Sirius to see his fluster. He lets the other go after one more kiss.

"I wanted to show how much I missed you."

Sirius is fighting all his demons to squish Remus' face and smother him. He pulls his hand before stomping his way to their bedroom.

"Sirius what ?!" Remus stumbles behind him.

"I'm showering then you're cuddling me till' morning."

A grin paints itself on Remus' face. "Yes sir~"

Sirius misses him too.