Chapter 18

"Fuuuuuuuuck!!!!"

The men cringed as they heard their wife and fiancé in scream in pain and from their eardrums being shattered. Isa had asked that only Curtis and Harvey be in the room for the birth as she wanted to focus more on birthing properly and unbeknownst to them, Isa felt more comfortable with her first two mates seeing her in such a state.

The relationships with Winston and Damien were still new and were being taken slow, so she didn't want them to run when they saw her birthing face.

I was in pain, a lot of it. Who the hell told me to get pregnant?

Negative a thousand out of ten, would not recommend.

The first egg was the worst, after that it was still bad, but bearable. It only dawned on me that I'd be giving birth to eggs this morning when my abdomen started kicking, screaming, and bitching at me.

I was a bit confused as to what was happening at first but then it finally clicked. Two hours of pain and pushing later, I'm happy to report that Curtis and I have 6 eggs. They were about half the size of an ostrich egg.

I'm glad they're out but I really just laid eggs, huh?

I was so happy it wasn't a larger number like 15 or 30 or something like that, because I could not imagine taking care of so many kids. Giving birth happened just in time, because Curtis was finding it increasingly difficult to fight his urge to hibernate. Now he can incubate and take care of the babies. We cleaned them and placed in a basket with a mini wool cushion for padding.

I was now standing outside bidding Curtis and my not yet hatched baby snakes goodbye.

"Bye Curtis, would you mind if I came with you? I mean it, I won't make any noise or anything. I'll make sure you to let you sleep and I can keep a fire going. What do you think?"

Curtis laughed, "I'm sorry, my Ari. I'm flattered that you'd want to join me, but I'm afraid the conditions of my hibernation spot won't be well suited for you, and you might die. So just stay here with everyone else and I'll be back before you know it, okay?" He gave me a parting kiss.

I pouted, not liking his answer. I knew it was true, but I would miss my handsome snake way too much.

How long did winter last here again? God, I wish spring would come already.

I stood outside, dumbly waving as Curtis walked away with our kids, and I bet I would have stayed out there too, if not for the cold absolutely biting me in the ass and forcing me to go inside.

Once in the house, I made my way to our slightly over insulated sitting area/living room. It was heavily layered with animal skins and Winston had even fashioned an indoor fireplace, separate and apart from the one in the kitchen, so that if I ever wanted to sit in the living area, I would not be bothered by the cold.

I didn't feel like I had just given birth. When it was all over and done with, I had taken an emerald to alleviate pain, and now I'm kind of cruising. It felt weird though, I didn't have much of a baby bump when I was pregnant, but I had gotten used to my little rounded tummy.