Chapter 50

The guys explained what happened from our mate connection resurfaced.

I hummed in acknowledgement and nodded my head as they explained having experienced the earthquake and a tsunami, which prompted them to make a swift departure from the home we built near the ocean.

I was simply happy to hear that everyone was alive and well. I couldn't care less about the progression of the novel. Hearing that they experienced a tsunami was alarming though not surprising. A strong enough earthquake would have the potential to cause one.

They went over their intentions to seek out the mountain we were currently on, Winter Summit, to find some sapphires Victor had mentioned.

Having heard the properties of the stone, I asked my men for one of them to examine.

The only physical difference between the sapphire and emeralds was the color. Of course, their purpose differed greatly but they were the same size and shape.

"Wow," I commented, after eating the sapphire. "I feel like I just ate pure vitamins, minerals, and a little water too. That's amazing."

"Thanks for telling them about this, Victor. I appreciate it," I said.

"Happy to help, little one."

They explained how One was the one to find said flower that held the stone inside. I petted his head in appreciation, "Great job honey, thank you so much," I said to him before pecking his forehead.

One nodded and hissed a reply that I imagined was an enthused "you're welcome, mommy!" and went back to where his brothers were.

"Kaydon stopped by for a bit to check on us. Oh! Talia gave birth by the way and she wants you to name her baby girl so you can start pondering some names," Damien informed me.

"That's great, I'm so happy for her," I said getting a little teary eyed. I couldn't wait to be reunited with my main chick. "I just know they're all over the moon with the new addition, Kaydon especially," I said, chuckling while wiping my tears.

"Oh yeah, cheeky bastard was all smiles earlier," Ezra said.

"Then we travelled further up to get more of the sapphires and encountered the snow leopard and hawk tribes that were known to inhabit the mountain's peak," Curtis said.

"While we were having a short confrontation with them, Harvey who was holding you at the time, said your skin was as hot as an open fire and soon after, you disappeared from his hold," Winston continued.

***

A familiar sense of dread washed over Isa's family as they stared at Harvey's now empty arms.

Silence enveloped the group. No one dared utter a word.