Chapter 20

It has been a month and a few weeks since I officially wed Winston and Damien, and outside could finally be seen clearly once more. Winter wasn't quite done yet, though.

The environment was windy and still freezing cold. If I had to describe it using earth seasons, I'd say it's like autumn had a crack addiction, had a one-night stand with winter and the weather we're experiencing now is their mentally ill spawn, trying to make everyone feel the pain they did from being born in a loveless union.......or something like that.

We received word this morning that the ape king was handing out items to aid the females' smooth transition out of winter and invited them all to his castle.

For most, if not all the women here, the gathering at the ape castle would be the first time they're leaving their houses in months, so they were happy to accept the invitation.

I too had been in the house for way too long and though I generally try to keep to myself, I wanted to go out for a change. Which is why I was currently riding on Winston's back on our way to the ape castle, while Damien flew above us.

Riding on Winston's back wasn't nearly as bumpy as Harvey's. I wonder why if it has something to do with beast marks. Regardless, being carried by my scaled husband was still the best so far.

It took quite some time to arrive at the gathering. Winston was walking slowly as to prevent the chilly atmosphere from violently whipping at my skin if we were to run. Once at the castle, a large gathering of males could be seen outside.

All the women must be inside.

Winston came to a stop a few feet away from the group of males and guarded entrance. Just as he did, my feathered husband swooped down from his flight and shifted to his human form as he landed.

Damien tied the skirt that was around his neck, around his waist and outstretched his hands to me.

"Come, Isa. I'll help you down," he said.

I smiled at my handsome birdy and gladly reached over to hold his shoulders, allowing him to lift me from my tiger's back. He didn't set me on the ground though, he simply adjusted me in his arms to a bridal hold.

Winston shifted and wore his skirt. "Are you alright, Isa?" he asked softly, holding my face with one of his hands and using a thumb to caress my cheek.

I leaned into his hand, "Yes, I'm fine Winston. The ride was great, thank you."

Winston blushed. He still found himself being taken aback sometimes with Marissa's never-ending displays of affection, both verbally and physically. In all honesty, the tiger never wanted to get used to it because he feared the possibility of him taking his beautiful and loving mate for granted, something which he refused to let happen.

The trio walked towards the entrance of the gate where they were informed that only one male could accompany a female, for capacity reasons. The trio understood and after passing off the decision on to the men, Marissa allowed herself to be shifted over to Winston.