Chapter 34

The fight wasn't as exciting as I hoped it would be. I found myself losing interest when Finn had Landon on the floor and was delivering nonstop punches to the man's face.

Seeing no horse kicks, paired with the crowd's obnoxious cheering, was more than enough unnecessary socializing for me. My men informed Talia's that we would be waiting where we landed and that they should come as soon as the fight was wrapped up.

Talia was thoroughly engrossed in the, quite frankly, lackluster fight, and merely nodded as Jaxon told her our plans. Eyes trained on the men making bloody messes of themselves for a chance to mate with someone.

My men, my kids and I, settled under a large tree and just relaxed. The fox cubs had decided to follow us, so they lounged with the snake and tiger boys.

Haah, this is nice.

I was currently laying sideways with my head on Winston's lap, my mid-section laying on Ezra and my feet hovering above the ground.

The atmosphere was quiet and serene since we were quite a distance away from the booming village.

"That competition was complete and utter garbage," Ezra said, breaking the silence. A series of hums and words of agreement sounded from my men.

"If those are the village's strongest, no wonder they get attacked by ferals every year," Damien voiced his opinion.

"Hmm, if I was still raiding villages, I think I might've ignored them out of pity. That display was shameful," Curtis added, and I giggled at his words.

"I know I'm a double marked beast man myself, but I think I could've put up a better fight than those two did," Harvey said, and my men voiced their agreement.

"I'm glad none of them approached Isa. I'd rather have Curtis shave my fur than have one of them join the family," Winston commented with a scowl.

Everyone laughed at his words.

"Well, who's stopping you, Winny? Do it. Do it," Damien taunted.

Winston growled, "Only if you pluck your feathers first, bird."

Damien gasped, and put a hand on his chest, looking horrified at the suggestion. "How dare you? What would Isa do if she didn't have my beautiful feathers to bless her eyes every day?"

"I think scales and fur would suffice. Feathers always did seem odd to me, she can live without them," Harvey said.

Damien sniffled and looked at me, "Isa, you hear how mean they're being? You like my feathers, right?"

My lips quivered as I tried to hold back my laughter, "Of course, I love your feathers, honey. I'd also love you even if you didn't have any."

"You promise?"

"Hmm-hmm, I promise."