Chapter 51

Chapter 51

Akisha's PoV

"Akisha." Lumingon agad ako sa tabi ko ng marinig ko ang pangalan ko. Lumapit sa akin si ina.

"Ina..." I greeted her and put down the letter I was holding. Umupo siya sa harapan ko.

"Me and your father will go to the palace tomorrow. You'll come, right?" Tanong niya sa akin. Agad akong tumango.

"Of course, mother. I'm going," sagot ko. "Kasama ba si Kuya?" I asked.

Pupunta kami bukas sa Korvus Palace. I believe the empress dowager wanted to hold a feast again. The empress dowager loves throwing engrand and a special feast every once in a while. And of course, all of the imperial councils are invited, including their own respective families.

"Yeah. Reagan's going tomorrow. Sinabihan ko na ang Kuya mo," she answered and looked at me. "How's your relationship with the crown prince?"

I smiled a little bit. Of course... of course, she will ask me that question again.

"We're doing fine, mother..." I answered. I guess we're doing fine. "He's nice and we still get along quite well." Dugtong ko pa.

She smiled brightly, "That's good to hear. You know we want the best for you. And Caerus is the one who will bring the best among the rest! God! I can't wait!" She beamed. "My daughter will be the next empress. Such a delight."

Being an empress... that is every girl's dreams. Who could've wanted that? Imagine the power that holds within the title. Imagine having that title in your name. The empress of Al-Uzza Empire.

Caerus...

Nawala ang ngiti ko ng maalala ang pakikitungo niya sa akin noong nagdaang araw. I felt like something's changed. No, the way he acted towards me changed. Pansin ko iyon. And I even don't know why.

"Caerus..." I greeted him when he entered the inn. Kakalabas ko lang sa pagamutan. I'm still weak. No, my heart is still weak. Louise tried to cheer me up but it was all in vain. Nakatulala lang ako buong magdamag.

Maia's words are still lingering in my mind. God, I want it to stop. She said those words to me as if I wasn't her friend. Her childhood best friend. How can she say those words to me? I was kind and compassionate towards her, even if her attitude towards me changed over the past years.

The way she approached me changed that night. She became cold to me when that night happened. The night I broke up with Ivor.

I'm trying to get everything in place. It is what my heart wants. I want to get back to him. But then I realize, I can't let Caerus go too.

I sighed. What will I do? I don't want to lose either of them. I-I can't...

It's been going well for the past years... Ivor is seeing no one and Caerus' attention is on me. Pero bakit may nagbabago?

"Akisha." He greeted me. I noticed he's holding some papers and ink. I guess he's writing a letter. Pero what I find odd is that he didn't even look at my eyes. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm doing fine. Can you stay—" Naputol ang aking sasabihin ng mapansing aalis ulit siya. Naningkit ang mata ko. "Saan ka pupunta? Kababalik mo lang."

"I'll go visit someone." He replied shortly. Kumunot ang noo ko.

"Who?" Pero hindi niya ako sinagot. Pinanood ko siyang umalis ulit sa inn. He said his goodbye and went away.