Game Day

"Are you okay?" Jaylen asked as we were both in my car driving to Downtown Chicago.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I'm used to him being a prick."

"I have a question for you."

I nodded in response waiting for him to continue. I admit, I was a little nervous because this has been the first time in a long time where we've been alone and nowhere for us to run away to. It was just us. Only us.

"Do you know why he doesn't like me? I know it's more than just us fighting. Boys can fight and in the next 25 minutes, we'll be friends again." He asked.

"Yeah. He doesn't like you because you were there when he should've been and the fact that you had me before he did which is fucked up because I am not an object." I answered knowingly.

"Of course you knew." He said more to himself than me lazily dropping his hands in his lap.

"What did you expect ? You asked. I know more than people think. I'm not stupid. You're not either so I'm surprised you didn't get that yourself."

"I never really thought about it because I had better things to think about."

"Like what?"

"Us."

"What do you mean us?" I asked honestly confused.

"I mean, are we on good terms or do you still hate me?"

"I never hated you Jaylen." I said chuckling a bit.

"Sure did seem that way." He mumbled.

"You know how I am when people hurt my feelings. I try to hurt theirs ten times as hard. I could never muster up hatred for you. We dated and even beforehand, you were my best friend and still is. Did you hurt me? Yes, but pain is gain right ? Don't ever think I could hate you or don't even think I disliked you because honestly, I never really disliked you. I was mad at you so whatever I said don't take that to heart. " I answered honestly.

It was kind of weird for me to even say that to him because I would think he'd know that. When I'm mad there's no logical rational side thinking for me. My mind and body is controlled by my emotions so whatever I do or say shouldn't be taken so seriously. Very lightly if anything. At least if you're close to me.

"So are we back best friends?" He asked shyly.

"Is Larry real?" I asked him smiling at him quickly before turning my attention back to the road.

"Yes." He said smiling with that beautiful smile I always loved.

"You remember when I made you read that smut?" I asked already choking on my laughter.

"Fuck you. I'm fine with the whole LGBT+ community but smut is like so bad. I'd rather watch gay porn than read it. Like why is it that detailed?" He said getting upset like the time I made him read it.

I was laughing hysterically now. I pulled over to the shoulder of the highway and hopped out laughing. I couldn't control it but it was the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life. He has been so traumatized by it so it makes it more amusing. I hopped back in the car after looking at his face full of anger before pulling off continuing to drive.

I miss our times like this. No matter what I say about Jaylen, he knows how to cheer me up when I need it. He knows me more than a lot of my friends and I appreciate him a lot. Although I gave him a lot of shit because of what happened, he deserved it but I wish he didn't do it for many reasons. I loved him and I was in need of his friendship.

*At Dave and Busters*

We arrive and everyone is already seated including my other group. They did have a shorter route than me but I must've been driving hella slow.