A Bunch of Freshies: Eulogy Part Two

This is what I went off of for the apartment. In my head it doesn't look exactly like this but this is as close as I can get. Julie's and Matt's room is the first one on the bottom right. Cheyenne's and Jaylen's on the bottom left. Danny's and Alyssa's on the top right. Ashton's and Carlos's on the top left.

***************************************************************************************************

We graduated !! We were finally done with high school and we could basically do whatever we wanted. We could choose to be successful or choose to do nothing with our lives. We had the choice to do anything we wanted to do. High school was definitely a hassle and it makes you never want to hear the word school but once you think about not being able to live the lifestyle you want or doing the things you want, you choose to actually put in the work to apply to colleges and choose one.

My choice was to go to UCLA along with the rest of my friends. I hated to leave my family and Angel and Jamie but they both had to stay in Greenwood. They couldn't just pack up and leave like we could nor did I want to force them to. It was a very bittersweet day when we left. We were actually very grateful that the rest of us could come and go to school at UCLA. Julie, Matt, Jaylen, Daniel, Alyssa, Ashton, and Carlos. The people that I loved like siblings. I couldn't imagine being the person I am today if it wasn't for them. I'm so glad that God blessed me with meeting the most wonderful people in my life.

Now we're in California trying to make our life better than what it already is. My major was Nursing and a minor in Music and I couldn't wait to start classes. I'm so elated that I'm doing what I wanted to do when I graduated. Somewhere where I'm not used to being and with the right people. It's move in day and we're moving into a 4 bedroom house. 

"We need to go to IKEA." I said as I sat a box down on the floor in the living room where everyone was standing resting.

"For what? What else does any of us need?" Carlos asked.

"Well for starters I need sheets, comforters, pillows, towels, rags, and I need to pick up some things for my room." I answered listing things off on my fingers.

"OUR room." Jaylen included with emphasis. I gave him a sorry look but he should know that this room is actually going to scream Cheyenne more than Jaylen.

We all hopped in my truck that was delivered down here thankfully. It was a long drive there and when we made it I jumped out so quickly it was like a spider was in the car. I love those people but they are some loud folks.

We strolled down all the aisles in our own little groups or couples to find the things we each need. Me and Jaylen were in the comforter aisle and we were looking at comforters. Jaylen was mostly just following the leader and wasn't very interactive with it and I know later down the line he's going to complain about how he didn't get to pick anything.

"Okay white or black sheets and comforters?" I asked turning to face him.

"Uhh- let's go with white. Black can be a little incriminating." He answered winking.

"Jay, all of us now we're all fucking so what's wrong with being incriminated." I responded rolling my eyes.

"Bed sheets aren't that important to me. Long as I'm getting some it don't matter what color sheets it's on." He added before I punched him in his arm.

We kept strolling through getting all of the things we needed then we headed to the pick up station and got my things. We checked out and packed things in the car waiting for the others. We were just talking on the back of my truck when I seen everyone come out with like two bags. 

"Are you serious?!" I shouted with my eyes bulging out of my head. 

"What?" Julie asked putting her one bag in the trunk.