A-MuR-iCa

That whole night we decided to celebrate the win. Jocelyn was going to jail and I was walking around the town with liberty. I can admit, I felt a little bad for her mom but she needs to know how crazy her beloved daughter is. Maybe I needed to talk to her but that can wait.

Today was the Fourth of July and we were all putting 75$ each into a firework and food sum. Julie and I were in charge of getting them and Jamie and Angel were in charge of making the food. Everyone else was free to do anything they desired.

I quickly got dressed and put on blue shorts and a white shirt that had a flag on it. I also put a blue polo hat on backwards with my white chucks. I grabbed my phone and keys and I was on my way to the store to buy fireworks.

*** 6:00 p.m ***

The main people were here already and we were just talking and listening to music in Angel's apartment which was pretty spacious for a 20 year old. It was beautifully decorated with black, white, and grey. Every large piece of furniture was black and lamps and other things were white or grey.

Daniel was on his way and I was kind of dreading his appearance. Not because I didn't want him to be here, it was just that everytime someone would bring up Danny ,Jaylen would get so tense and stiff. His whole vibe and persona changed.

I know I shouldn't care but I did. Whether I say it or not, I still have feelings for Jaylen. I'm forcing myself not to simply because I know I shouldn't date him again because people only do what you allow them to do. However, everybody makes mistakes and then they learn from them. Maybe he learned from his mistake and will be a better person if I did take him back.

And this is what it was like. My mind conflicting with itself on this matter and I couldn't say a certain answer. One side is saying I should give him a second chance and the other side is saying fuck him and his second chance. I should just go with the flow but my mind wouldn't let me. And it wasn't helping that Daniel and Carlos was in the mix because I find them both interesting and attractive. They're runners up to but I feel like I'm being slut like or a straight up bitch for stringing all those boys along but these are the hoe years so who knows.

"Shouldn't we be saying the rules for tonight?" I asked sitting down on a stool that was in the kitchen on the bar countertop.

"Yeah." He said pausing from cooking his mexican rice. I wasn't too happy about that because I'd rather have Puerto Rican rice but I was a little biased.

"Everyone please come over here please." He yelled stopping the music with the remote. Everyone walked over and waited for him to continue.

"Because we are playing with fire today, no more than one shot of Vodka and one beer. I don't want any accidents so I won't be drinking. After we do the fireworks we will be having a party at Matt's so then you can do whatever the fuck you want. Now." He said pausing pouring shots for everyone.

"Happy Fourth of July." He said raising his shot.

Everyone followed suit and grabbed their shot raising it in the air to clink together.

"Happy Fourth of July !!" We yelled then proceeded to take our shot.

The music was started again and we continued doing what we were doing before. Time was rolling around pretty quickly and before we knew it was dark outside. We packed up all ready to head out to do our fireworks.

Because my car was totalled and my insurance was getting me a new one with the same details, I had to leave them in Julie's car. Jaylen insisted I drive with him and I didn't feel like arguing so I didn't and complied with him. We followed Angel to the basketball court because we were across town that I rarely went to and we would lose ourselves in the winding roads.