The Life of Me

*Cheyenne's P.O.V*

"What are you doing today?" I asked, as soon as I heard the line being answered.

"I don't think I'm doing anything as far as I know but I think I might be going with Matt somewhere." My best friend, Julie replied.

I let out a long sigh turning over to my back. I was currently in my room laying on my queen sized bed. Today already was off to an uneventful start. I replied with an okay and ended the call throwing my phone to the side of the bed. My eyes wandered to the ceiling trying to think of ways to entertain myself. I came up with nothing. 

**********

Three weeks into summer hasn't been so bad but it was only the beginning. It has had its ups and downs but it was more positive than negative events happening. I've been to parties, gotten a new phone and relationships were blossoming. Julie and Matt were together and Jaylen and I were together. Which he was calling me now.

"Helloo." I greeted, getting up from my laying position to sit on the edge of the bed.

"Hey. So what is on your agenda today?" He asked with his nice deep voice. His voice was always nice to hear because it sounded so smooth and calming to me.

"I don't know yet actually. I called Julie and she's supposed to be going with Matt somewhere and the rest of the group are most likely still sleeping.

"Well if all else fails and you still don't have anything to do after 2:30, I'll come pick you up and we can do something."

"Okay. I'll talk to you later."

****

Noon rolled around and I was still bored out of my mind sitting on my bed looking up random things on Tumblr. It really sucked being the youngest right now. Both of my siblings are in college so I'm basically the only child. It has it perks but when my sister or brother isn't here, I have no one to annoy or have funny random conversations with. So now my summer morning rituals consist of me getting in the shower as soon as I wake up, eating, cleaning, then being bored out of my mind from 9 in the morning until I find something to do. And my something today was going to be me going to his house and playing with his adorable little sister.

I got up, turned off my lava lamp, and closed my room door. On my way out, I grabbed my keys off the key ring and went to my car. As I was pulling out my garage I seen this black Impala pull up to the curb in front of my house. I stopped and parked as I realized who it was. As I was getting out so was the not so welcomed guest.

So many questions popped into my head like why he was here and how did he even know where I lived. I haven't seen him since freshman year and since then I couldn't of told you if he was alive. After the summer of freshman year I haven't even heard anything from him because I barely talked about him. My friends knew better than to talk about him so they strayed away from bringing him up. So the obvious question still remained.

"D.J, why the fuck are you here ?"