CHAPTER 11

Ever since the rumor spreads, Ryu has to spend the whole month dealing with nosey medias that wants to interview him. his social medias are now filled with hate comments towards him and Karina, they even bring his mother into this. even though he can see some that are supporting, he can't help but to read the negative ones.

He's now alone at his penthouse. He knows that right now, there must be a lot of reporters waiting for him downstairs.

"what?" he picks up his ringing phone.

"just talk to them and tell the truth. Karina's agency is confirming your relationship with her." it's his mother. "you should already know that she only used you for her own popularity. Have you seen her press conference?"

Ryu just listens to her, biting his bottom lip nervously. He knows that he should know better. The last relationship he had also ended up like this. even worse, she accused him of all sorts of assaults and rape. His career stops for a whole year.

"you should be more careful from now on." The mother adds. "I'll call you again later. Come to the agency and talk it out with your team. Sue her if needed. I want you to be wise about this." she then hangs up the call.

Ryu walks to the couch and sets his phone on silent mode. Most of his statement about the rumor have been told to the medias through his team but they seem to be not satisfied enough with his answers. Especially now, when he knew that Karina's agency lied to them about the relationship.

Ryu stands up and goes to grab his jacket. Then, something falls out of it. The keychain that Yeji gave to him falls to the floor.

"Yeji." He sighs. He then put it back inside his pocket.

Walking towards his elevator, he calls Wonpil to pick him up at the parking lot so he doesn't need to face the reporters. Once he arrived, he gets in the car.

"agency." Ryu said. Wonpil nods at him.

-

Yeji keeps on replaying the video of Karina's press conference hoping to hear a different statement. Chaeryeong can only look at her, pitying the girl.

"we haven't heard from him. it's just a rumor, Yeji." She said.

"I know. It's just sad to see the comments. What do you think he'll feel about all that?" Yeji lowers her phone. "I swear to god if she only used him.... I will despise her for life. No matter how pretty she is."

"that's just how they work. Everything is a competition." Chaeryeong shrugs. "let's just wait for his statement."

"fine then."

-

Throughout the meeting, Ryu stays silent while his team discusses about what to do about this rumor. They can easily sue the other party for spreading false rumors for their advantages but Ryu refuses to do so.

"we can prepare the conference from now. from what I can tell, looks like she's also forced to make that statement." One of them said. "this is a big matter and can ruin your reputation. Karina needs a lot of exposure and they think that you can give her the same amount of popularity."

"if this isn't her wrongdoing, I want you all to protect her and we can sue the agency. I will talk to Karina myself." Ryu intertwined his hands and leans in towards the table.

"you still have to make a statement."

"I will. Prepare a conference for tomorrow morning."

Ryu then stands up, goes outside the room followed by Wonpil.

"where are you gonna meet her?" Wonpil walks beside him.

"here. If I met her outside, there will be more rumors spreading."

They both sits at the agency's café. Wonpil keeps his eyes around for some paparazzi that might come secretly for Ryu while Ryu contacts Karina to meet him here.

Luckily, after some time waiting, Karina managed to go through the security and meet Ryu. The guards are already protecting the two subtly. Ryu asks Wonpil to sit somewhere else.

"before you say anything, I'd like to clarify some things." Karina starts. "I was too reckless that day. I didn't realize that someone followed me to your house."

Ryu looks at her straight into her eyes.

"about the statement. My agency wants it the easy way. So they told me to just say we're dating." Karina looks down.

Ryu understands that Karina is still considered new to this industry. She must've thought that there's nothing that she can do refuse her agency.

"I will be honest with them. I promise you that they will get the full story." Ryu said. He can see the panic face that she shows.

"please. you can say whatever you want but don't come at my agency."

"you have no choice. I understand." Ryu then feels his phone rings. "hello."

"I'm surrounded by reporters. they ask me about you. don't worry I'm in the car already."

Ryu sighs.

"where are you? make sure you have enough guards. don't do anything stupid."

"I'm at the agency. Talking with her. she's forced by her agency. I'll take care of it." Ryu then hurriedly hangs up the call.

"I didn't know that this will get worse. I can't find a single nice comments on the news. They also... brought up your old cases."

"it's better that we end this sooner. Thank you for explaining. I can assure you that you'll be safe from your agency."

Ryu then stands up, looks at Wonpil, indicating that he's ready to go. He walks outside the building, guarded by some securities until he's safely entering his car.

"to the penthouse, sir?"

"yes."

Arriving at the penthouse, Ryu quickly rests himself on his bed. He has to plan everything what he said tomorrow. One wrong word, it might ruin his career even more.