CHAPTER 13

Ryu got caught up in his work. Though, the thought of meeting Yeji few days ago haunts him. he still remembers the way her eyes changed as soon as she saw him.

"Ryu!"

Ryu looks up, knowing whose voice it was. Miyeon has been disturbing him ever since he often checks on her. initially, it was just like how he check on other models.

"what?" he asked.

"can you replace my manager? He's been slacking off. I'm almost late to my schedules." Miyeon sits in front of him.

"no." he replied.

"please?"

"that won't work. Leave." Ryu looks away to his laptop. "you've asked for this for many times already."

"if there's nothing wrong with it, I won't ask." Miyeon rolled her eyes.

"I see nothing wrong." Ryu said without looking up.

"you know what? I got a shooting at your ex's company two days ago." Miyeon's words gained Ryu's attention.

"is that so? Good." Ryu got the urge to ask further.

"don't you wanna know how she's doing?" Miyeon leans on the desk.

"no." Ryu looks up. "don't you have to work?"

"well, then. I guess you won't mind if she has a new boyfriend." Miyeon stands up then winks at Ryu. "bye, boss!"

With that, she gets out. Ryu kind of listened to her, though, he knows that it's probably a lie. He can't help but buy what she said.

"knock, knock." Yujin walks in with a smile. "long time no see, Ryu."

"hey." Ryu pressed a smile. "visiting Karina?"

"yup. Things are a bit... fucked up. so I paid a visit so we can make up." Yujin pursed his lips. "how are you by the way? Is everything okay?"

"yeah. Everything is great. Luckily."

"good, good." Yujin smiles at him. "I just saw Minju on the way here. How is she?"

"she's doing okay."

"I kinda regret not treating her well back then. but, I'm glad she's doing fine." Yujin sighs. "you know I probably won't last long with Karina either."

"why did you think like that?" Ryu raised an eyebrow.

"it's just... different. I don't really get the spark like I was with Minju. I know it's my fault but if I can fix it and she gave me a chance, I would." Yujin looks down.

"why didn't you just apologize? Instead of staying with Karina."

"it's already done. We're done. I don't think she wants to talk to me again. Though, I already apologized when she found out." Yujin pressed a smile. "well, I think she's finished. I'll go to the studio. Have a good day, Ryu."

Watching him leave, Ryu sighs. There are some similarities that he noticed. He had a thought that maybe, Yeji felt like that so she stops contacting him for real.

"hello?" Ryu decided to call Jeong. "where are you?"

"bed. Why?"

"did you just woke up? can we meet today?" Ryu asked.

"eight pm. My bar."

Then, the call cut off.

-

Yeji starts packing her things. the family will be going tomorrow morning. While she goes through her stuff, she found a box full of Ryu's gifts. She takes a deep breath before taking out the gifts. At the very least, these are the only thing that will remind her of Ryu. Seeing them made her doubt her decision as well.

"are you really serious about all these words?" Yeji scoffed.

Yeji picks out a few things. keychains, stuffed animals, as well as shirts that he gave her. she packs it all in.

"excuse me." Chaeyoung peeks inside of Yeji's room. her door was open at the moment. "Mrs. Hwang asked me to check up on you."

"I'm almost done." Yeji smiles at him.

"anything I can help you with?" Chaeyoung kneels on the floor, beside Yeji's suitcases. "what about the ones at the apartment?"

"I'll keep the ones at the apartment there. Just in case... I come back." Yeji looks down.

"you seems unhappy." He asked.

"I just wanna get away from some things." she pressed a smile.

"is that so?" Chaeyoung nods understandingly. "I hope this helps you to move forward."

-

Jeong is currently carrying his bestfriend outside of his bar. since Ryu decided to be stupid and drink irresponsibly, he threw up a little inside of the bar.

"dude. Wake up! people are gonna see. you'll end up on the news." Jeong takes out his phone to tell Chaeryeong about this. "Wonpil!"

Wonpil who's chilling beside the car, immediately runs towards them.

"I'll take it from here, sir. Thank you."

Fast forward, Ryu and Wonpil arrived at Ryu's mansion. Having nowhere to go, Ryu clumsily walks towards her mother's room. he knocks a few times, a little too loud.

"hey! What's wrong with you?!" Nayeon snapped at him.

"I'm sorry." Ryu lowers his head. "I failed you."

"failed me? what did you do?" Nayeon's heart softens.

Instead of answering, Ryu takes a step closer then rest his head on her shoulder.

"I miss her." Ryu sobs. "I miss her so much, mom. It hurts."

Nayeon sighs. She take him inside of her room and sat him down on the bed.

"who is this about? I told you to stay away from those romancing stuff." Nayeon rubs his back. "now look what it did to you?"

"I tried. I tried so hard to listen to you." Ryu looks up at her. "this time I can't. I can't hold it anymore. Do I have to keep listening to you? so, I can be your investment? I'm your son. Did you think about me feelings at all?"

"don't start. I've been taking care of you for your whole life. You will recover from this. there's no use for you to think about her." Nayeon sighs, looking at him. "do you know how much time and energy you've wasted, thinking about her? just let-"

"you're right." Ryu looks away. "I've wasted my time. too much time."

Ryu stands up. he needs this extra time to only calm himself down. he finally ends his day.